I can't continue with this anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by joanne26, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joanne26

joanne26 New Member

Every day is such a huge battle... and i know possibly meds and counselling could help me in the future, but i'm never going to end up living a normal life.. im always going to be struggling with depression and wanting to kill myself..

The only thing that stops me is thinking how upset my parents would be.... but if it wasn't for them i definitely wouldn't have stayed alive this long.. i just want to die.. but i can't hurt those around me.. meanwhile evey minute i am living is hell.. what do i do????

Jo x

By the way, i drink pretty much constantly.. this is for many reasons, and is not the cause of my depression, but it helps me get by in a way..., killing me softly etc..
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  2. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Good for you for being able to think of other people. They say that having someone you love kill themselves is something you never really get over - good for you for being able to put your care for other people above your wish not to be around.
    As for what to do... I would say don't give up on everything until you've tried your options. See if you can try counseling, and see if it'll help.
    Best wishes.
  3. joanne26

joanne26 New Member

Thank you, that helps.

My main problem is that i have done some things that i will regret for as long as i continue living.. not just little things, but things that make me feel insane, disgusting, dirty, everything! I have done these things and that as i know is a fact.. therefore i wonder how counselling can help me.. as i'll still be living with myself, which is awful as i feel i am a disgusting person.. does that make sense to anyone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.