I Can't control everything

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ansdr, Jul 26, 2009.

1. ansdr

ansdr Well-Known Member

Looking back in my life no matter how hard it is all i can say is i tried my best. Right now im having this hard situation with this girl. All i can say is I tried my best. Back in High School when I wanted a girlfriend, i didn’t just sit around and look at girls i liked i talked to them. I followed dating technique tips and i did my best. And what did I get for it, Alienated, Laughed At, Made Fun of, I didn’t go to Homecoming, Prom or Senior Ball. And i become some odd ball but I did my very best in life to always get what i wanted. Right now i am having a hard time with a girl because i wrote her a letter and im still unsure if she read it or not. So im asking some of my friends and her friends for help. But I get the feeling they are making me out to be some stalker and treating me like im some kind of outcast. All im doing is trying my best. Trying my best to change things in my life and fix mistakes. All these bad things keep happening to me and people keep blaming me for them and i feel the urge to agree with them. It’s human nature to try to change bad experiences. Take Car Crashes for example. People are studying to try to find ways to make cars smarter to avoid crashes. Why? Because Car Crashes cannot always be controlled. People are trying to find cures to diseases, because diseases breaks the rules and can’t always be controlled. So if I’m doing the same thing in my life, trying to change bad experiences that are out my control, then why blame me for it. Anyways if i had one last thing to say to the girl i was having problems with, i guess it would be this.

"I know you may not like me anymore because of the things i did. I don’t judge that as bad. And i don’t think your wrong because you can’t control it. We hardly control anything. We just react to things, and the only way our reaction can change is if the thing changes. And that’s all i have tried to do. All i tried to do was find the specific reasons why you didn’t like me anymore, and change them. People can make fun of me for it but I’m trying my best. I know i can change myself. The only problem is I can’t change the past. So why not let me create a new one. A Better one. Why Am I Wrong For That?"

2. ansdr

ansdr Well-Known Member

However i never considered that perhaps the opinions of the girls friends were more important that her own to her and therefore she values them more. And i have no inention or way of changing their minds about me if they don't approve.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

All you can do is contact her and tell her your side of things (which is what you may have already done in your letter). Asking too many other people to get involved may only just push her in the other direction.

Can you send her an email, let her know that you'll give her the time she needs to come to a decision, and then explain your side of things?