I can't cope,my best friends just died

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Petal, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

One of my best friends just died, and I can't cope. I'm just crying and crying and crying. I don't know what to do. In a way I want to follow him and die too. He died of a massive heart attack(not suicide or OD related) I don't know what to do....

2. Raven

Raven Guest

Here I don’t have the words, just know I am thinking of, I am sorry for you loss and I know as well as I can how hard it must be, my thoughts are with you.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

having a friend die is a sad thing and you will be perfectly normal to cry as you try to cope - cut yourself some slack and grieve in the way that works for you

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

So sorry to hear this Lynn. :hug:

I am here if you need someone to talk to.

5. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Not knowing what to do after something traumatic has happened is completely normal - If this happened to me I'd be completely speechless and devastated. Please keep yourself safe, don't drink too much if you drink, try your best not to cut yourself if you SH, and don't take more pills than you normally do. Death happens to everybody and unfortunately it had to hit your friend, but you need to continue on and live the life that your friend was unable to fully complete. This will be a rough time for you, I won't lie, but I have faith that you can get through this. If you have crisis numbers where you live I'd maybe dial them up, access the samaritains, talk to people as much as you can, vent as much as you can, and use as many distraction techniques as you can if you ever do feel like hurting or killing yourself. I know you can get through this. You're an extremely strong woman. Remember the best of times you've had with your friend and never forget the positive impact they've had on your life. Celebrate living in memory of them. You don't know me EXTREMELY well, but you know a little bit about me, and I'm willing to give myself to you to vent to and talk to once I return from the movies in a few hours. All of SF is here for you hun. Please make the best out of utilizing the chatroom.

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

oh hun am so so sorry :sad: Lean on your friends and on us, this is a very sad loss :hug:

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. :hug: Here if you feel like talking.

8. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I think, that at a time like this, crying is perfectly natural and altogether normal. So don't feel foolish. I'm sure your Heart is hurting which is clouding your judgement--your emotions are overtaking your intellect. What do you think your best friend would wish for you? I hope that you can find some comfort in the flood of pain you're enduring and that you begin to heal super soon. My best wishes to you!

9. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

oh Lynn i'm so sorry to hear this sad news.

As Terry said lean on your friends here hun

10. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Oh hun :hug: I am so so sorry for your loss,. I wish I knew what else to say but House has covered it all.

11. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss... Give yourself extra patience and care while you are in grief, and let others help care for you. *hug*
    I'll light a candle for your friend, and one for you.

12. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I'm am sorry to hear about your friend, i hope you are able to find support in the people that care about you. Please keep yourself safe.

13. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I am so sorry :( We are all here for you hun.

You are never alone <3 :hug: xx

14. Petal

Thank you all. He was just buried. So so sad. Thanks for the support , I appreciate it xox

15. PainIsLife

PainIsLife Member

So sorry, I can't imagine what you must be going through. Stay strong though, death is a horrible thing but you'll get through it. I'm sure he'd want you to keep smiling :) <3

16. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So sorry, I just saw this...know how much we care and that you are in my heart and prayers

17. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Please accept my condolences.

Any loss can be painful, but some friends are more like family, sometimes others do not understand. Grieve as you need to, in your own time.

And let us help,anything you need to talk out, we're here.

18. Petal

Thank you all :hug: I cried for 3 hours straight yesterday but then had to get myself together to go to the afters of the funeral. Where I broke down crying again when I saw his sister in bits. So sad, he was too young to die, but i guess when your time is up,its up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.