I can't cry

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MourningAngel, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

Hey, I've got this problem that i can't cry. I only cry when someone dies but other than that I can't cry. No matter how much I want to or if I feel like it. At the beginning of thid year I was harming myself, that's how I cried. But then I was on holiday and life was good, I stopped harming myself and didn't feel the need to cry. But now I'm back to everydaylife and I want to cry but I can't. And thinking of harming myself makes me sick. 2 years ago I spent my whole freetime with crying but now... What can I do? I just want to cry! To let it all out. But I can't.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Angel. I have a really hard time crying too. The last time I cried must have been over 10 years ago. I don't even cry at funerals. I remember the last funeral I went to, for one of my uncles, I was like one of the few people who were not crying their eyes out. I guess were just not that emotional.

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I had this problem earlier this year. They'll come eventually.
    What have you tried to cry? Thinking of painful memories? Sad music/vidoes? Have you tried anything like that?
    When they come it'll be great. When you hold it in for so long and they finally flow, it feels so good.

4. HexenBexen

HexenBexen Well-Known Member

It seems I'm going throught the same thing these days. Sometimes we just want to cry and vent out all our 'stuff'. If you're putting too much pressure on yourself, it will be harder to cry, like anything else. Just don't cut to force the tears, no matter how great a solution that may seem.

5. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Consider yourselves lucky. I'm a grown man who's never been able to stop crying. I'm absolutely sick of it. The worse is when it happens at work. I mostly work alone and try to get control when it starts so so far I haven't been caught. But what would I tell a bunch of guys at a factory if I did get caught? ummm, I have something in my eye? It's a ridiculous situation to be in but nothing changes.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I guess both over-crying and under-crying are both not very good. I wouldn't want to start crying when I'm at work either (being a teacher and all), though at socially acceptable situations like funerals, it would be nice to shed a few tears. :smile:

7. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

The hing is I can cry at funerals but not otherwise. All the feelings build up in me until I can't stand it anymore. But I stopped cutting and now I don't how to get rid of all that. I had the possibility to forget everything for a few hours everyday, because of my horse, but it won't take long until I have to call the vet. In winter he's in horrible pain and I can't stand to see him like that again. I'm afraid of my reaction when that day comes. I can't cry, I can't cut, I don't want to fall back in my deep, black hole I needed 3 years to get out of. I'm so afraid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.