I can't deal with this

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Madison95, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Madison95

Madison95 New Member

My names Maddy

I have always delt with anxiety and depression for a long time now and what got me through was having the love from my partner

My partner and I have been together 3 and a half years he has done stupid shit in the past eg chatting up girls and other stupid things but we have always worked through It and come out stronger or so I thought.

Last night I found him doing something else and I have ended the relationship. He is the only one i live for basically and I just don't see how I'm going to deal with this or move forward I'm dying inside I'm consumed with sadness I have lost my anchor keeping me to this world it's all be stripped away from me and I have nothing to live for no friends no job I have nothing and I'm so beside myself
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am sorry that your relationship ended. Do you have a doctor or counsellor? What about looking for jobs or doing some volunteer work to connect you to the community?
  3. Madison95

Madison95 New Member

i have a doctor yes no counsellor ,
    I am currently looking for a job
  4. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Hello Maddy, you will need time but after a while you will feel better and be ready to meet someone else.

Good luck with the job search

5. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello Maddy, I am Mox

My daughter is nicknamed Maddie too, for Madeline. I hate to see that you are having such a bad time right now.

I hate to hear that your very important relationship with your BF ended , because he was doing something terrible. I am sure that was very hard for you. If you ever want to chat/vent that is perfectly fine here. We accept you just as you are. You are not alone in this mess anymore, you have us.

I would personally love to hear more about your situation and what is going on with you. Please feel free to read my personal story below in green and know that you are not the only one in pain and suffering.
    Can you lean on your family or anyone for support? We have you covered with emotional support, we will listen to you. We will never judge you or ridicule you in any way. That BS is not tolerated here. You are with friends now.

What do you think would be the best way for us to help you?

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime.

Take Care
  6. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi Maddy,

I know how hurtful it can be to end a relationship, even if you're the one who ended it. But you did it for a good reason. If there are trust issues, then I wouldn't place all my faith in that person as my anchor. I know it feels that way right now, but keep reminding yourself of why you ended things, and why you will be better off without him. Take time to be sad and grieve, you need that time, but keep taking care of yourself until you feel strong enough to smile again and maybe talk to another guy. The typical saying goes that there are plenty of fish in the sea and it's so very true.

I'm in a relationship that might/might not be ending shortly, we've been together three and a half years as well. I know I will have to end things if he doesn't continue to make the changes necessary, but I'll be honest, I am dreading it, even though it's not certain yet. Take care xx
  7. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

Hi Maddy

I am going through a very painful post-breakup myself. I can only say to you really, his loss. And for you to develop your own..way of life and doing whatever you want to do without a relationship restraining you or influencing your mood. You are your own person and completely capable of beginning a new life, your way without this 'anchor', and it looks like the 'dragged you down' anchor and not the life stability type anyway. If you ever want to message me, feel free to.