I can't do another Christmas

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bluemonster, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluemonster

Bluemonster New Member

Christmas is coming up and I can't do another Christmas again. I suffer from severe anxiety and last year was awful. I had the pressure of getting all my university work done along with a big increase in hours at work. I don't know how I survived, but I have never felt so awful and I wanted to die. I dropped out of uni earlier this year, but my anxiety has got a lot worse compared to last year and I will be doing even more hours this year. I will be working most days from the end of November till the start of January. It's not that I can't physically do it, I can't mentally do it but I need the money. Just thinking about how bad it is going to be makes me cry. Even if I do survive the Christmas period, things won't get better. I will always feel anxious and just sit at home and play games because my life is leading no where. Everyone around my seems to be progressing if life whereas I am not. I have went to the doctors 3 times about my anxiety but they have just gave me information and it felt like I wasn't taken seriously. I just can't do it any more.
  2. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Anxiety is terrible honey, I know how you feel about not being able to cope with Christmas and about others progressing whereas you feel like you're standing still :hug: Please know that you are not alone, keep talking your feelings out on here :hug: My inbox is always open if you need a chat :hug:
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

First of all, it is very smart to be thinking about the upcoming holidays now...how can you create a support system for yourself so that you know you will not be alone? Maybe posting a thread here so that others are sure to be attentive to you...also, since you have been to several doctors who have not been effective in helping you, what can you do to get the next doctor to do so? Maybe processing with someone what to report and how to advocate for yourself may assist you...please PM me if we can work on this together
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have a mood chart ok hun go to doctors and tell them you need something to get you through the anxiety. You are successful hun you have education you are doing the best you can. The doctors are not listening so you go to a new doctor you go to emergency and you get the support you need hugs
  5. three44

three44 Member

Bluemoster take it one step at a time. Sometimes it helps me to make a list of things to do and track how to tackle 1 thing at a time. Such as saying today I will research for 1 paper and outline it.
    It sounds like you need to find another doctor as well and/or therapist. Ask for some recommendations. Look online also.
    Recognizing that you need help by posting in here is also a sign of making "progress." So keep your head high and move 1 step at a time. celebrate each success.
  6. Tired John

Tired John Well-Known Member

For different reasons, Christmas is the worst time of year for me also.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.