I can't do it but I want to

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by foreignlauren, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foreignlauren

foreignlauren Member

Why do we have to suffer through this? A long and miserable life fulfilled with pain and disappointment. Is it all really worth living for? There's no definite meaning of life, we work we sleep we eat, is this really what life is about? I mean yeah people say no there is all the stuff in between such as happiness and experiences and general life fulfilment. But when your life does not contain such things is that when it's the end?
    It's so easy to just end it all but what for? No matter what you believe in there is most likely only one possible outcome after death and well ovbiously I am unsure of it but what if the sadness drags you further down than you are currently? I don't know and it messes with my head... so what am I meant to do? Where do you find this happiness because I am really struggling.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The only way hun i found that help me was to help others i did not think about my sadness anymore when you have a purpose hun in life it helps decrease the darkness some. volunteer help children or elderly that do not have anyone volunteer pet shelter but keeping busy helping others helps well it did for me hun

3. foreignlauren

foreignlauren Member

Yeah I guess I just think too much about things and I just don't know enough to want to be alive, it all seems pointless but like you said help others well I have social anxiety issues and I refrain myself from speaking to people in person which holds me back but for now I'm helping others on here with their problems as it avoids human interaction, which is the best I can do I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.