i cant do this anymore

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by undercoverlover, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

im 4 months clean but its just too much work. im so tired of all this. i just want to cut so badly
  2. IceStorm

IceStorm Active Member

4 months is a great achievement. I understand wanting to cut so badly, but do you want to give up your 4months? What do you have that can distract you for a while? Is there someone you can just hang out with? Do you like to exercise or have something you like to do? It is not easy to resist but it is possible. I have not cut for close to 25 years but the urges still come up and I have come very close to giving into them lately. Hang in there, keep posting, ask for what you need.
  3. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Four months is a lot to be proud of! I think being an ex-self harmer is kind of like being an ex-smoker; because it was used for self-soothing, it's likely cravings will come out of nowhere for years. It's important to find other ways to self-sooth...you've come so far, and if you don't stop, soon it'll be five months, then six, a year, and so on. Maybe find a physical outlet, like doing 50 jumping jacks or making something with your hands. I actually have a friend that pulls a newspaper out of the recycling and tears it up into pieces to keep her hands busy when she wants to self-harm. You can do this, we're all here to support you! :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.