I can't do this

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by k_pressy, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k_pressy

k_pressy Well-Known Member

I give up. I just can't do this any more. I can't.

I've been off work for a month with depression, my head is just swimming and to top it all off, my boyfriend, my one and only rock, has left me.

I just don't want to be here any more, i've got to go.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello k pressy

Why did your boyfriend leave you? :hug:

Are you on medication for depression? Seeing a therapist?
  3. k_pressy

i'm on prozac, i've been on anti-depressants for 4 years. they do nothing.

He's left me because he doesn't know what he wants. Truth is I don't think he knows how to handle me. He says he still wants to be friends, I can't do it. It's too hard.

I need this quick way out.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Have you told your doctor/psychiatrist that the anti depressants aren't help? You may just need a dose adjustment or a change.
    I'm sorry he left you. It must be really difficult, but with lots of support around you,you'll get through it.
  5. k_pressy

i'm on the highest dose that the doctors can give. the tablets would probably work if people didn't keep piling more shit on me.

I think I just need to get out of here for a bit. Go for a drive, get out of my head for a while.
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sometimes your meds need a little help. There might be something your doc can prescribe to help your meds along. I'm sory to hear about your boyfriend. But he says he wants to be friends and that is a good thing. Take some time to regroup and get some extra help right now from your doc and if you have one, therapist or counsellor. Once you are feeling a little stronger then you have the chance to try again with your boyfriend. It can be really overwhelming for those that love us to always see us in so much pain, and feel like they arent helping. I bet he doesnt know that he is your rock. So it is easier for him to back off then to stay and feel useless to you with your mental health issues. Take a little time to breath, regroup, see your doc and then sit with him and have a long heart to heart. A chance for both of you to get it all out there and then take things from there. You might both be on the same page but just reading different paragraphs right now hun. Please be safe!!!
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh new meds are out there maybe doctor can prescribe something different. You need to be open with doctor so he or she can be helping you more. The Boyfriend probably just not coping well himself if you get yourself stable it would help your relationship more so he can see you stable more adjusted able to handle things for yourself. Help him out by getting help your need first.
  8. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

hope you are feeling a bit more upbeat today k pressy
    I love to go for drives too when I feel overwhelmed...its relaxing and allows you to get centered. Hope you find some support here and please take the others advice here to see your doctor and get re-assessed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.