I can't enjoy what I have

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dusk, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusk

dusk Active Member

I've got 2 healthy kids, who are smart and sweet as can be. I've got a WONDERFUL husband who loves me very much. Money is ok. Tight but not too bad. I've got a lot going for me in life. But I'm still depressed and suicidal. This makes me even more depressed, knowing that I have all these things and can't even enjoy it. So then I think even more about off-ing myself because I feel like I don't deserve the life that I have.

Anyone else feel like this?

Nothing will ever get better. I've been depressed for years and years and it will never get better.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I used to feel this way. Still do at times. I had the dream like life and still contemplated suicide.

I don't know your situation but I ended up on meds and having a therapist. Also writing things down in a daily journal helped immensely. Sometimes just verbalizing my confusion helped me and then I would close the journal and feel better. My pdoc says that I've done much better being on certain meds. My therapist and i have been together for quite a while and she sees improvement.

So I guess my recommendations are to see a therapist. Sometimes they can see you as no one else will. And they will help you. And you will feel much better.
  3. dusk

dusk Active Member

Hi cymbele. I'm so glad you're doing better. I have a therapist and am on meds and I'm still like this. It's very confusing. Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone.
  4. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Maybe your meds need looking at as sometimes some dont work with certain ppl or if youve been taking same ones fors years they loose their effect.Try going for walks or doing things you enjoy to take your mind off these feelings i know its hard to rid the depressed feeling but just trying to do different things may help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.