• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I Can't Escape My Family

Mysticrose

My Stepmom called me. My dad texted me why I haven't contacted them. I don't know how they found out that I'm no longer in the military. Unless they called my recruiter. It feels like I have to move to a different state just to get away.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm not sure if the exact situation here.. but if you don't want to speak with them - don't? Is that over simplifying this?

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I hope that doesn't come off as smartass or anything. I'm just trying to glean what exactly we're dealing with. They think you're in the military but you're not and now they're upset and texting. Ok, fine. But do you need to respond to some toxic texts from them about how you're living your life? I'm genuinely just trying to understand, not being a jerk.

Mysticrose

I hope that doesn't come off as smartass or anything. I'm just trying to glean what exactly we're dealing with. They think you're in the military but you're not and now they're upset and texting. Ok, fine. But do you need to respond to some toxic texts from them about how you're living your life? I'm genuinely just trying to understand, not being a jerk.
I don't need to respond to them. I'm just worried what will happen if I keep ignoring the calls and texts.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
I sense that you want to get away from your family. There could be many reasons for this; obviously you do not have a close relationship with them and that was caused by something they did to you. Perhaps they are just too controlling? I don't know how old you are but at some age every person wants to have their own life, to make their own decisions. It is apparent to me that they do not want this for you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00