I can't even get my user name right.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sick and tired and sad, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm stuck with no way out, nothing to look forward to and to top it all of herpes :apthy:

Been in a relationship for 2years(can't believe it's been that long) it was never right, When we're together its like I'm alone.
    I broke up with him and he tried to kill himself.
    I try but nothing ever works. I cheated (since we don't have sex) and caught H.
    but we're still together. We'll always be together.
    Even if we did break up. Then what? I'll just be alone I can be with anyone now and he'll kill himself.

I'm out of work, nearly 30 with no prospects.

I just want things to end, everything to end. I'm so very very tired. :sleepy:

2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I know how you feel... I've been stuck in a bad relationship for the past 10 years. It's like you said... it was never right... when I'm with her, I feel alone. I don't have any love or attraction for her. I tried to leave her, but she gets depressed and begs me to stay. We never have sex; I have cheated emotionally, but not physically. Sometimes I do feel like I'll be stuck with her forever. I feel the same - if we break up, she'll be depressed and I'll probably end up alone.

Just wanted you to know that I can relate to your situation. I know most new users come here and leave one post and never come back. But if you do happen to come back and need someone to talk to who can relate to what you're going through, you can always PM me. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who is here because I'm unhappy in my relationship and I don't know any way out. Everyone here has been so kind, but I don't feel like anyone really understands my situation. Maybe you do. Anyway, I am here if you want someone to talk to.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:hug: Rough times. I'm sorry for your situation.

Using threats of/attempts at suicide is actually a form of control and abuse. It's not fair for you to feel responsible for what he chooses to do, if anything.

Could you go to couples counseling? That might offer a way for both of you to explore how the relationship is/isn't working. If you are on the fence about leaving him again because of the suicide threats, the counseling might provide a more structured break up and he might be less inclined to threaten or follow through on threats if you're talking out the break up with a third party.

At the end of the day, you have to look after yourself and your own needs and he must look after himself.

Tbh, I'm not sure what "prospects" you want...A relationship? A way out of this one? :dunno:

However, it seems to me that if you did break up with this chap, yes, for a while you'd be alone, but you'd have yourself to rely on. Also, you have managed in the past to find relationships, so you can do it again once you are free of this one.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Keep posting and let us know how things are going. :hug:

4. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Hello, have you tried to share any of your fears and anxieties with your partner or do you just bottle it up? Have you tried to understand their mindset? As in what does it take to make someone suicidal? Clearly there was a time when you were attracted to one another and maybe it would be possible to rekindle that if some effort was made. I guess my question is do you think you have a responsibility to your partner and relationship to attempt to heal and reconcile or do you abandon them for your own sake?

God bless

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

You know, beling alone is nowhere as lonely as being with the wrong person.
    And, seriously, being threatened with suicide is just a control ploy.
    Yes, they might do it, but in no way is that your fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.