I can't feel anything

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MissKerouac, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissKerouac

MissKerouac Active Member

I haven't cut for maybe 3 months now- not even thought about it. And now out of nowhere I think I have to. I can't feel anything. Its like part of my brain isn't working. I don't even feel alive anymore.

I sleep ALL THE TIME. And when I'm not asleep I stare at the wall or the TV without really knowing what I'm watching. A day can feel like a year and yet it just passes me by. When people talk to me I feel so detatched and despondent. If I cut, I could make myself feel pain. I want to see my own blood and I want to hurt. I just want to get my feelings back.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I know exactly how that feels. Sometimes I feel like I'm not a real person, pain and blood are the only things that seem to remind me I'm still alive. :(

:hug:

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you do something else that will make you feel again Like getting ice and holding it in your hands that gets really cold and hurts or snap a rubber band on your arm that gives pain as well cutting leaves scars other methods that cause pain do not leave these awful scars. I hope you can work through these thoughts and not cut and i hope you can call your doctor to let know how you are feeling so you can get extra support

5. pither

pither Well-Known Member

Wow. You just basically explained what I went through about a week ago o_O
    I slipped up though, I tried but failed and that only made me feel ten times worse after the deed was done. You can keep this roll going! You can get though it without setting yourself back- ice is an excellent idea and so is rubber bands on the arms or wrist.

I completely regret returning to my old ways and I wish I could take it back- you're doing so well, don't give up. :hugtackles:

6. MissKerouac

MissKerouac Active Member

I didn't do it! I've never managed that before. I have chewed the inside of my mouth to pieces, but I can't believe I didn't cut and it really feels good. That was one of the hardest things I've gone through, but it was so worth it.

Thankyou everyone :hugtackles:

Pither, slip ups like that happen to me all the time. What you said really helped me a lot and I know you can get back on track soon enough so don't feel bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.