i cant feel pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been suicidal for awhile, recently i cant feel physical pain. i was beaten severely in the street by 5 guys, i wouldnt fall down or fight back, didnt hurt didnt care. been beating my arm with whips til the skins all loose and yesterday an iron fell off a table onto my head while i was sitting in the floor, my friends were shocked and i barely noticed it.
i'm feeling like maybe i should test it out put a cigarette out onmy armor something, i always had a great aversion to pain, now i have none, i invite it, all seems symptomatic of the suicidalness, but im happy so i dont know i dont wanna die but i cant feel anything and i invite pain.
thoughts?

B

Blackness

Maybe it is an emotional thing, linked some how.
But if it is a medical problem you'll need it checked

Can you still 'feel' like pressure and heat and stuff?

I remember reading of a little girl once that was like that. She actually had a medical condition that caused it. I can't remember what it was called, sorry. Maybe you should speak to a health care professional and see what the possibilities are?

R

rd9671

Harry, I am sorry that you are going through this uncertainty at the moment. I am not sure of any medical causes of this type of thing so I would encourage you to see a doc about it.
Please don't 'test' it anymore, its just not safe safe and healthy.

-Deception-

Are you on pain killers or placebos? Some of them contain substances that attack the signals your body sends to the CNS (central nervous system, the place in the body where "pain" is created and sent out to the affected area of the body) and weakens those signals. Thus, things that would normally hurt a lot are barely felt at all (because the signals of pain won't reach all the way to your CNS).

Or you could just be very depressed. I'm not a doctor, but depression can take on many forms and shapes - indifference being one of them.

i'm not on anything at all. i'm fairly sure it's the depression. thanks for the advice guys, i'll tell me psychiatrist on friday and see what he says.
you're right about not testing it aswell, i'll stop that.
thanks again for your time.
:)

ohh! if you can't feel much pain then you must love and protect your body even more! its your duty to protect and look after your body as thats what your primery purpose is.

I would get it checked out. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00