I can't feel

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wallflower, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I wonder what's wrong...because I can't feel anything, have no emotions at all.
    It's kind of tough because it's been going on for a year and a half that I haven't felt one single emotion. I don't know how to treat apathy? Because I've tried anti-depressants and they never worked. I guess I'm emotionally f-ed up for the rest of my life. Maybe I'm a sociopath, because I can't feel a thing.
    I just needed to let that out.
  2. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

I have been going through similar ordeal as well. I have been numbing my feelings so long that I am never too happy or too withdrawan by any events with few breakouts in between. I would recommend getting therapy, writing a journal every night, exercising once a day, and giving urself treats occasionally like buying urself a nice lunch or watching a comedy movie.
    The best of luck to you.

3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Encore is showing The Shaggy Dog from 2006 with Tim Allen. I never saw it and caught myself laughing a storm earlier.

Yep, I know apathy--well enough to appreciate the ability to laugh.

I know death--plenty well enough to embrace and choose LIFE. :yes:

4. Rammingstone

Rammingstone Member

Don't know your particular situation Wallflower, but I think it's just another nasty effect of depression. I feel that way too, much of the time. Movies that used to almost bring a tear to my eye, now have no effect on me at all. Apathy sucks, big time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.