I can't figure out if my marraige is adding ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out if my depression is fuelled on by my unhappiness in my marriage, OR do I feel unhappy in my marriage because I'm depressed.

I'm so sick and tired of feeling sad and helpless ALL the time, am thinking of leaving my partner, but not sure if I should try to try more meds and see if that improves my happiness in my marriage too?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi and welcome to the forum,

I think your best bet would be to give medication a shot first and maybe give counselling a try or even get relationship counselling together.
Don't give up on it, nothing stays rosy 100% of the time, we all have our ups and downs.
Keep reaching out for help,you'll make it through x

~Claire

Hiya & welcome to SF.

:hug:

I can relate a little to what you're saying. I'm constantly asking myself the same question.

When I first became depressed again, my CPN told me I had ambivalent feelings due to the depression, and that I would be better to wait for me to get better or at least improve before I made any decisions.

She said that almost 3 years ago & I'm still in the exact same position as I was then. I always think I should try harder but I think I'm past caring now.

Sorry I don't have any advice, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Is your husband aware of how you're feeling & supportive of your needs?

:hug: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00