I can't figure out why I want to kill myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dusk, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusk

dusk Active Member

I believe I've said on here before... there's nothing in my life worth killing myself over. I just have this lack of energy- can't clean or get anything done- and my mind doesn't work quite right, but I can't describe it. What do you do when you don't know why you want to take your own life?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun if you have depression sometimes there does not have to be a reason sometimes the chemicals in your brain are just not in balance this type depression can be treated with medication ok talk to your doctor

3. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

I can't describe it either. I had the best semester I've ever had, new school, new friends, new state, new start. I come back home for summer and feel like I should be on probation. There's no one to call. Nothing to do. I'm always sitting, wondering, why is it always me that has to be the one to keep the friendships going? It must be that these people really have desire to stay in contact with me.

Nervous anxiety for no reason. So I just go on. Pretending I'm happy in front of my parents, always thinking that I want to run away, that I never felt right with who I am. Just want to die sometimes. But I can't. Because that would be selfish to them. So I just go on... And on... and on... Going through the motions, hoping things will get better later, but they never do. Change always brings me back to that state of anxiety and depression

4. kristy1970

kristy1970 Active Member

These posts touched me because I feel the same way! Great husband, great kids (even though they have been suicidal - they have never given us an ounce of trouble) good relationships with my ex and my hubby's ex. Nice house, beautiful landscaped yard with a pool, no real money problems to speak of, great support system and family, a decent job that I like some of the time (it's money and that's why they call it a J O B and not F U N), so why am I depressed, anxious, bi-polor and sometimes suicidal... it's like the other person said... chemical imbalance and nothing more. It goes to show you that a perfect life will not make you happy if you suffer from a mental illness. Hang in there, it's our cross to bear in this life. I try to make it one day at a time. God Bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.