I can't find enough help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pollo, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

It happens that I have tried several therapists and I have been in 1 clinic and 1 hospital due to severe depression and being extremely suicidal and nothing seems to help.
    I am now with no more resources since I live in a very small place and there are not any other choices, even one nurse told me that if I do not improve soon it is very likely that I will die by suicide.
    I am ready to do it. I already set the day: Monday 25th, I know how but not the time. I don't feel bad, I just simply can't feel anymore.
  2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

For anyone to help you, you will need to truly want to heal first and foremost. Amazing as it may sound not everyone want to be cure. Do you?
  3. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

Of course I want but I have the feeling that there are many things in my brain which are not working properly and that is out of my control!! But yes, i do want to continue my life but now I fear of everything, all I can feel is fear
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

people don't always say the right things, even trained professionals. please don't let the comment by the nurse get you discouraged. it doesn't sound to me like the sort of thing that she should have said.

one of your greatest resources here is that you still have the desire to live, that you are resisting the urge to kill yourself.

another resource (you mentioned on a different thread) is that you have parents that are supportive of you (?)

contacting them, letting them know that you are suicidal could be really helpful.

I think that there is a way that you can get better, but the doctors haven't found the right way to treat you yet.

can you tell me what country you're in, what country your parents are in, and what the medical systems are like in each country?
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What are your biggest fears? Do you think that somehow with the right help/treatment you will be able to overcome them?
  6. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

I live right now in Switzerland and my mom lives in Mexico and my brother lives there as well. In Switzerland the medical facilities are good but there are just a few where I can be treated (mental facilities) and in Mexico I think the quality and variety are more wide but I would be stigmatized and if somebody finds out I am on mental treatment I can be ban from friends or even from insurance companies and so on.
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

don't give up pollo....keep searching and trying everything you can to help..I know it's hard when you're down but keep thinking of your family and what it will do to them and hopefully that will keep you strong...
    You deserve a better life..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.