i cant fix the world

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by undercoverlover, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

my friend isabelle always told me i wasnt a superhero
    and it got to the point where the fact that i tried to help people became some huge joke for her
    i remember complaining to her that a lot of twitters were pro-anorexia, glorifying it, and it was triggering. and she said it was the internet, there was nothing that i could do about it. i said there had to be something. so she made another joke.
    "Fine, then fix it.
    Magically rid the world of mean people.
    Kill them.
    Go ahead.
    Work your magic, Becca.
    Fix the world."
    i was afraid to say the fact that that really just made me want to kill myself. like she was taunting me.
    im not a superhero, i get it. i cant fix the world. i just want to leave it. theres no way to fix everything for me. if i take myself out theres one less hypocritical, unstable, sad person to deal with.
  2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i can't change the world either and it sucks

all you can do is try to change a little corner of it - a tiny piece

so tweet back - challenge them with facts - even if all you think you are getting back is more idiot tweets

because that means that people are reading what you say - that means that maybe someone who reads it will get what you are saying - that maybe they will decide to help someone else or even just help themself to make another small change

and maybe that small change will make a difference in someone's life

and when that happens it will be because of you

the world doesn't need superheros - it just needs people like you
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I agree with wastingecho said. I think that we need people like you. If you can reach one person, then I think you've succeeded. Eventually, someone will reach out to you.

I think that you're friend didn't get that you needed comfort and support. Maybe let her know. Tell her it hurt you when she said that, you're not really looking for a solution from her but a sympathetic and nonjudgmental ear....

also if everyone gave up everytime someone told them they couldn't change things, then we wouldn't have evolved as a species and as a society. I mean take einstein for example, he sucked at math...and he's a genius in math....oprah was told she wasn't good for tv, and now she owns a tv channel, a magazine and hosts a tv show. So don't let anyone deter you from doing something your heart approves of.

there are people who won't get it, people who won't care or approve but those people don't matter, surround yourself with people who care, who get it and do one step at a time to achieve your goals...

sorry for my long message, your post just caught my eye and I can so relate to this so :)
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I too get very triggered by pro ana posts. More than I can say. Few things could actually make me more angry. You are a good person for wanting to help people. And we need more good people in this world. So dont you leave !! you are needed even if some people put you down for what you try to do. Stick with the people who build you up. Not with the people who try to tear you down. Funny how the word tear has those 2 meanings. Please know that whenever you want to help people, you are being what the world needs :hug: AND I am sorry you are in so much pain. :hug:
  5. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

No-one can change the world and it's up people to make their own decisions in life, for some people being pro ana is about being in control of what they eat/drink and how much they exercise for others its about dealing with situations in their own way as coping mechanism. For others its been gaining something back in their lives, that they have lost for example a job, lost of friends, debt etc.
  6. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

i just used to trust isabelle with everything but now i cant.
    she just disagrees, judges, whatever it may be, when i just want her to LISTEN. and then she will blame my sadness on the fact that i try to help people when i am incapable of it.
    thank you so much for all the friendly advice. :hug:
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am sorry she does that to you. I believe you have a very good heart and deserve much better treatment than what Isabelle gives you. I am sorry someone who you trusted has betrayed your trust by dminishing you. Doing that is never okay. There is enough in the world that makes us feel bad about ourselves. Friends should help us to see the light of our heart. Their job is not to say hurtful things about who we are. Please just keep posting here. okay?
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I understand. What makes me angry is when people are encouraging others to be ano. When people are saying pro ana things to other people. Encouraging them. I deeply love someone who suffers greatly from Anorexia. It actually breaks my heart. But they do not post on pro ana websites. They would never encourage others. Thats what makes me angry.
  9. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

but soon the realise that they are only hurting themselves in the long run and it's only a number on the scale.
  10. flowers

flowers Senior Member

sighs, I just wish all would realize that before it is too late, if you know what i mean. So many wonderful girls, and guys are lost to this illness. It makes me cry sometimes. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.