I can't forgive myself

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by No_Angel, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No_Angel

No_Angel Member

I have an eating disorder probably for 8 years now ,basically every year I lose weight and gain it back.Last year I managed to keep it stable and achieved "normal" eating.Then, however,in april I started feeling depressed and started eating again.Everytime I overeat (the funny thing is that I don't feel hungry) I swear it'll be the last time ,I'm trying to start my diet since 18.12 last year and I can't.I hate myself , I wish I could turn back time because it is all my fault,I'm sick of sabotaging myself:sad:
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Have you got any help with your eating?
  3. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

i'm sorry you are feeling this way. i've had problems with food in the past too. what i have found is that i eat when i'm bored or upset. i'm not sure if this is the same thing for you but it is my own experience. what the food does is give my body some chemicals(endorphins) that helps me feel a little better.

so i figured out that when i got bored or upset, i needed to transfer that energy somewhere else. i would go on walks if i was upset or even to the gym. working out sends out endorphins too so you feel AWESOME after. it also helps you're body function better so it may help with depression biologically. i would hit up a friend too or also i'm an artist so i'd paint or draw.

eating was just something to 'do'. and once i started staying away from more unhealthy foods, they became a lot less desirable. i used to LOVE mcdonald's and now when i eat it i want to gag. it tastes like grossness and then after i eat it i feel so anxious and weird from all the sugar and sodium. i can't eat anything too sweet or spicy anymore either. it just is too intense or rich because i'm not used to it anymore.

i hope this helps a little. please feel better :arms:

love love love
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.