I cant get a job...again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Blacksheep, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Well-Known Member

so here i am...fate has once again decided that i am to be without a job. i also have social anxiety. the only reason i keep getting jobs is cuz family keeps hooking me up. im out of hook ups. i need a job or im homeless. i cant suck it up like everyone keeps telling me. trying to suck it up makes me think about it...thinking about it makes it worse.

am i missing something here? somehow people can go about talking to one another without giving a damn about how they are looked at...why cant i? was there a vital lesson i missed out on in childhood? did playing games all day cripple my mind like they said it would? do i have some sort of imbalance in brain fluid? who the hell knows...

even now as i type this im reading over it...just imagining the criticism i will receive cuz of bad grammer...or excessive cowardice.
  2. bEvans

bEvans Active Member

If you practice talking to people, then you'll get better at talking to people.
    People do give a damn about how they are looked at when talking to people (unless they're brain-damaged, as the worst American Idol contestants), but to a lesser degree, because they've practiced talking to people and have become less sensitized to social situations.
    Serotonin and GABA agonists are usually prescribed for social anxiety disorders, but chemicals aren't as effective, alone, as the pharmaceutical companies would like us to believe.
    I got over my SAD(social anxiety disorder, not season affective disorder) with a combination of St John's Wort (CVS), lack of sleep (found to increase extroversion-about 6 hours per night), and practice (more syllables in every opportunity to talk, and I stopped caring if I looked like an idiot at times).
    Also, research is piling up that shows how certain types of video games can make you more intelligent in certain fields (like FPS and visuo-spatial ability).
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  3. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Some people are find it harder to communicate with other.. i find it hard and that is why i haven't got a job yet... but like bEvans said if you keep practicing talking to people it will get easier...

Lots of people worry about how they are looked at... and i guess in time you will overcome that.. but don't let it dominate your life hunni...

I am here if you need to talk...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.