I can't get help irl

Anonymous ID

The suicidal thoughts are taking over. My dr left and now I have no support system. I went to hospital and waited for hours but they were letting everyone go before me so I left. I have plans <mod edit - timeline> as a last resort and it's seeming like the only option left

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hey *hug

I remember you saying a few weeks ago that you're in therapy. Can you contact your therapist urgently?

Could you go back to the hospital today? I know how hideous it can feel waiting for that long when you so desperately need help and it can feel like a kick in the stomach when they let others in before you. But that's gotta be better than the alternative right?

If you feel comfortable sharing what country you're in there may be other options people can suggest. There is help out there and you can get through this episode.

Anonymous ID

Hey *hug

I remember you saying a few weeks ago that you're in therapy. Can you contact your therapist urgently?

Could you go back to the hospital today? I know how hideous it can feel waiting for that long when you so desperately need help and it can feel like a kick in the stomach when they let others in before you. But that's gotta be better than the alternative right?

If you feel comfortable sharing what country you're in there may be other options people can suggest. There is help out there and you can get through this episode.
My therapy is all done online so it's hard for emergency support. I am trying to change therapist atm and my doctor left so I have no one to turn to. I'm going to go to a different hospital in the morning and give it another go if I can muster up the courage. I just don't know what to do. I'm in Australia but I'm rural so it's hard to get help

Sunspots

Admin
SF Supporter
Going to a different hospital sounds like an excellent plan.

What can we do in the meantime to help? Do you use chat? It can be a good place for getting real time and instant support/distraction.

Hang in there *hug

Legate Lanius

My therapy is all done online so it's hard for emergency support. I am trying to change therapist atm and my doctor left so I have no one to turn to. I'm going to go to a different hospital in the morning and give it another go if I can muster up the courage. I just don't know what to do. I'm in Australia but I'm rural so it's hard to get help
There's no rush, right? Try to find a way to kill time whilst waiting for the docs.

Sorry that you're going through this. The link in my signature has some information that might help.

This looks like a government resource that can give you advice about healthcare in Australia. They might be able to help you find a new doctor.
https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/
24hr phone: 1-800-022-222

Here's a copy of my signature link in case you're on a phone

Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain; Other Suicide Help

If you can contact the office of your old doctor, they might be able to refer you to someone else.

I hope something can help

Anonymous ID

Being in hospitals make me anxious because I'm scared I'm going to get locked up in them so it's hard to stay. But I got in quick today and was able to get support and follow ups. Thank you to everyone that responded with the supportive and helpful messages

Sunspots

Admin
SF Supporter
Being in hospitals make me anxious because I'm scared I'm going to get locked up in them so it's hard to stay. But I got in quick today and was able to get support and follow ups. Thank you to everyone that responded with the supportive and helpful messages
I'm so glad you managed to get some help. Are they going to follow up with you?
Well done for persevering, I know it's not easy *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00