I can't get out of this funk

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mama_Pills, May 27, 2014.

1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I'm one year out of college. At this point my older brother had a stable, well paying job, had been dating his now-fiancé for three years, my younger brother is composing music for video games, musicals, and films, he just met the girl of his dreams, and what am I doing?

I work at a children's theme park as an entertainer and have been auditioning for anything and everything since I graduated and have yet to book any work doing the only thing I love to do. I know I should be grateful that I get to sing every day at my job. But it's mostly a summer job. And most of my coworkers are in high school. I'm 23.

I should have a boyfriend. I should have HAD a boyfriend now for at least a year. I should be going out and having fun with friends. I should be working my way up in the entertainment business. I should be living in New York City. I live at home, I stay at home when I'm not at work, and I can hardly make and keep friends let alone a boyfriend.

It feels like there is absolutely nothing for me to look forward to or live for. I have nothing going for me. I have no one who loves me. I have nothing. I am nothing.

2. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

Hi Lala,
    You are something. I always like to think that there are many paths to get where you want to go. With time things can begin to fall into place. I compare my life to others too, my brother especially causes he's younger than me and seems better off . I'm a LOTR fan and always keep in mind that "not all who wander are lost."
    You'll find your way :)
    Focus on you because your life is unique and comparisons will move you off track sometimes

3. Mama_Pills

(I'm a LOTR fan as well)

Sometimes everything is just too much. I miss my therapist. And my meds. I hate having no insurance.

4. Sparrow91

I know that overwhelming feeling...take it one day at a time. Are there any programs that could help you since you have no insurance?

5. Mama_Pills

Not near where I live, that I know of. And I don't really like group therapy ... :(

6. Sparrow91

:/ just hang in there, you're still young and have plenty of time to get where you want to go. Like I said one day at a time, coming here and talking helps too :) you can do it