i can't get the help i need

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ava321, Jul 8, 2014.

1. ava321

ava321 Active Member

I'm losing my health insurance in less than a month because I don't have a job. I can't afford it on my own and the government won't help me unless I can prove that I'll make at least 12k this year. I can't prove that without having a job. And having no income makes me ineligible for government help period, how stupid is that? Oh and then I'll have to pay a fine on my taxes because because I can't afford the $135 a month it costs without aid.

I'm 26 years old. I have never needed help from the government, until now. I really REALLY need health insurance. It's so unfair that I can't get any help.. but so many people spend their whole life abusing the system with welfare.. and the government lets that pass. I GENUINELY NEED HELP and I can't get it because I don't make enough money. I have been a good, hardworking citizen that pays taxes and I have always taken care of myself. For the first time in my life, I need government aid.. and it's not there for me. I feel so let down by the system.

I quit going to my support group because it keeps getting suggested that I see a therapist and start taking medication. I'm the only one there who doesn't do any of that. It's not my choice. It's embarrassing and humiliating to admit that I can't afford a doctor or medicine, so I just have to live with my issues.

I can't live life much longer. I'm tired of being depressed. I'm already getting things together. I've been keeping a journal so that it will answer questions anybody might have about why I didn't want to live. It's only a matter of time now.

2. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Do you live in the US or somewhere else? I don't know about anywhere else, but in the US you can get welfare without having any income.