I can't get up in the morning

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Randy024, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy024

Randy024 Member

If I have the option, most days I wouldn't get out of bed at all ...

As it is I "have to" get up for work and I'll wait till the last possible minute before rolling out dressing up and running out...

Thing is I'm not really "all there" until 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon...The first half a day I'm just a zombie going thru the motions and given the opportunity could easily crawl back in bed and fall asleep

Weekends are almost a total write off unless someone comes over and drags me out...

I go to bed early (9:ish) fall asleep quickly, but just don't "wake up" or clear my head till several hours after I'm awake..

Alarms don't work I hit snooze several times a day and showers and breakfast don't help (when I have time for them)

Amphedemines would help, but the dang Drs won't perscribe them to a convicted addict.. :rolleyes: So coffee and Red Bulls it is...

Any tips on haveing a "bright and cheery" morning..?

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Come visit us!
    I have same problem too and like you said weekends are just NOTHING. Putting on music right away used to help but I get in a funk and don't turn it on. Two other tricks are automatic timer for TV...people talking get my brain awake and I allow an hour to get "conscious" playing games or watching a show.
    Seriously try coming here!

B

3. Randy024

Randy024 Member

You mean SF...?

I do hit a few forums as part of my morning coffee/computer/crap ritual...

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I went through a similar thing for quite a long period. I too found that logging in to the forum tended to help get me going for the day. Eventually I forced myself to start getting out and doing things and that has helped. Strong coffee helps as well but amphet just kept me awake with my head going round in circles. Found that wasn't good. Just left me awake but not wanting to be. Best wishes.

5. Randy024

Randy024 Member

Yeah...I hate that part...

But I suppose if I get a couple threads going...I'll "want" to get up and check in for new replys...

6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Not saying it's easy mate but you can do it. And you are right about checking for replies. I also found as I got more involved with people on the forum I wanted to know how they were doing too. Helped me a lot.

7. Randy024

Randy024 Member

Well this is the second morning I have been able to get up and moving by 7:00 which is a good three hours better tyhan my average has been..

Checking the forums , checking my threads, and following others seems to help...

All this positive happy crap attitude seems to be rubbing off on me... STOP IT.... Makes it hard to be miserable....:biggrin:

8. Randy024

Randy024 Member

Damn ti all.. I go from depressed and can't get out of bed to "maybe I'll have a good day"... to a full blown Panic Attack!!! AGHHHH

I haven't been this wound up for awhile (but I have been here before) Up down, up Down, I don't know what to do ...ride it out... breath... breath... breath...

Yes I take meds... no there not working yet..

I got to walk awawy

9. Randy024

Randy024 Member

OK, I'm better now, meds seem to have kicked in, or the attack went away, I read thru some other threads on anxity in another forum and that seemed to help "calm" my racing thoughts and waves of panic and isolation

10. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I don't think I ever had a great morning...even after a great night with a g.f. or friends or whatever. That grind of going to work, even when I was just 16...I can still remember it...it was a horrible feeling I had. Of course it was validated the minute I walked in the door at work! Everyone stressed out and all!

I don't know how we do it. I don't want to scare you but it gets worse I think as we get older. The only way I can think of, for it kinda being o.k., is if you had a REALLY INTERESTING JOB that you liked.

For me, it probably would have been in the field of saving the animals or the poor of our societies.

11. Randy024

Randy024 Member

That's the kicker of it all.. I do have an interesting job, I have my own business, and I have several people working for me...

A good bit of my anxity is that I'm locked in my head at home when I should be out directing jobs and drumming up new business...

I'm very fortunate that I have a couple good foremen that can run the jobs without my direct supervision all the time, and I "should" be able to kick back and let them run, but I still "feel" I should be somewhere else and at the same time dreading being anywhere...

Once I finaly get outdoors and on the road most of this nonsence fades away and I can finish my day as a normal human...Kind of like now... I feel rather stable and secure with just a twinge of guilt from a wasted morning.

If a guys gotta lay in bed all morning with a pillow over his head...you would think he should at least be able to enjoy it..

12. History

History Well-Known Member

I find it almost impossible to get myself out of bed each morning. The moment I become conscious, I just lie back and the thoughts of suicide keep ravaging me. I fflip and turn, cover my head with my pillow and can't get up to face the life I'm in. It's like the bed is glued to my body. No reason to get up at all. no will to live. For hours and hours, for months already. and it doenst get any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.