I can't go back

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mmryan, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmryan

mmryan New Member

I can't even think straight. I'm really lonely. I don't want to go back to college. I have zero friends, and I'm not going to be able to do any work just like last year. I saw a psychologist for 25 sessions, it didn't do anything. I've tried six different medications and nothing was effective for longer than a couple months. I'm so ugly and don't have any conversational skills. I did months of social skills training and it did nothing. I can't even look in the mirror. I don't have it in me to keep trying. It is not worth the disappointment. If there was anything good or worthwhile about me I'd have at least one friend. But I don't have any.

2. champie

champie Well-Known Member

Hi mmryan,

I am 41 and went to 6 universities and never graduated. Throughout those years I saw several therapists and tried a couple medications. So, I understand where you are at and the implications for the future. But really, I would be grateful if you could tell us about some of your thoughts on what's going on in your life and what you feel you need to do.

I look forward to having a good discussion with you!

Champie

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You should feel proud you have tried so hard and maybe the key to what you have said is the person you presented during the therapy...a therapist can only treat the person who shows up...maybe finding a way to be more disclosing and sharing might bring more results...just my thoughts and so sorry you are feeling this way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.