I can't, I'm hopeless..

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by crisis4Life, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crisis4Life

crisis4Life Member

I am one day away from my university exams, I haven't studied, I am panicking, I can't study, I just can't... I was stupid to think that I would ever be able to do this. I failed it last time around, what the HELL made me think I could do it this time??? It's not like I've gotten any fucking better... but yet this time I am so close, I'm almost there, I attended all the classes, but now I am crashing, ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR... I'm so close... I think I need the hospital, and I know I have said this countless times, but I'm so scared, so scared of what I will lose, I can't bring myself to call a cab, I can't even bring myself to leave my fucking room in residence. No one knows I am like this, I don't want anyone to know I am like this...

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE... I am so lost... I am so close to finishing the term, but I am so scared, I really want to kill myself, and I really think I need a hospital, but the other half of my brain really wants to complete the term, and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE

I wish I could just leave this place, leave this earth and never have to deal with any shit again... I hate living..

2. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Hey hey hey, whoa!

You're not hopeless, you're just overstressed right now.

Slow down. You've obviously got a lot on your mind right now- and you're in such a state of distress that you need to just calm down.

I really don't know what else to say... except calm down a little bit for right now. Figure something out when you're not as stressed. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Don't panic. You attended every class. The knowledge is there, you just need to be calm and access the information as you need it. It's all there for you. Been through this...stressful as hell. Just go into exams thinking, "I've done what I can do, and there's no use worrying about it now", and do your very best. That is all anyone can do. Don't let your mind be flooded with self-doubt and wondering what else you could have done because that won't help. Get some sleep, eat a big breakfast, and you will do your best. Good luck :)

4. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Yeah, what peanut said. Good luck- you can do it. :hug:

5. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Is there a way to defer your exams?

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Don't know where you are in the world, but here in the UK if you did go to the hospital the university will let you sit your exams at a later date (back it up with a letter from your docs).
    I was under so much stress in my second year that I was sure my exam results would be all over the place. A letter from my doctor and they marked the papers taking into account that I was under an inordinate amount of stress:smile: so at least I could progress to the next year.

All is not lost anyways, I was not happy with my final year result and re did the year and got a 2.1 :biggrin:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

They will defer exams in the US as well. You are under a lot of stress right now. You will be able to pass those exams if you don't stress yourself out to the extent that you convince yourself you can't pass them. think in the positive manner. You know the material and you will pass the exams. I have faith in you and so do others. Have faith in yourself. you can do this.

8. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

There is nothing to be ashamed about, you need help, ask someone you trust to help you get the help you need. School will be there, you can pick it up where you left off once you get some treatment and reduce the anxiety and depression. You are in crisis right now and need to take action and have someone intervene so you can get help. Don't wait until it gets unbearable, act now and get some help. You don't have to face this alone, make the choice to get help for yourself, you won't regret it.

9. crisis4Life

crisis4Life Member

Hey all, so I started talking to my friend, and I told him everything... he called my parents to get them to come pick me up and take me to the hospital... I emailed my profs, and I can write the exams next time they are offered (in december) ... hopefully this is what i need.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know, thanks for all your help :hug:

10. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I am very proud of you and wish you well in your recovery!

Love and peace,

Tricia

11. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

im glad things are working out for you :hug;

you will be fine ...

love you..

12. blade

blade Well-Known Member

yeah hun ur not a failer u just have to trust ur self fight ....u can pull through...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.