I can't imagine being alone all my life, should I end it all?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Carl777, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl777

Carl777 Guest

I'm a 25 year old guy. I'm currently in grad school have a part time job. If I had to describe myself I'd say I dress well, act humble, have good a sense of humor, and I like meeting new people. Many girls have told me that I'm really cute, but I'd say I'm just averagely attractive.

I have friends, and I always go out whenever I can ... just acting myself as if everything's OK. Little does everyone know that deep down inside of me I'm exploding in pain for the simple fact that I don't have a girlfriend. Actually, I've NEVER had a girlfriend at all. I just want to be in a relationship, and just have "someone" special that I can be with. Yet I've been devoid of that for all my life. Even if it's a broken relationship, I'd rather have something than nothing and remain in my horridly painful singledom. I try to act as if everything's fine and not act too hard about it, but the more I ignore it, the harder it comes back to haunt me. I've stopped being so desperate and just lived my life for the past five years, met tons of girls ... but I was always at square one.

I've been plagued with bad luck, and it just lingers. What am I doing wrong?

I approach girls on a consistent basis, and put myself out there. Eight times out of 10 I meet a girl that "seems" super interested in me ... only to later realize a few dates/texts/calls later that I was just being played.

Life is not worth living if I can't share it with someone else. I'd love to have a wife and a family one day, but one can only be optimistic for so long. The pain is so intense, I don't know how much longer I can handle it.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It does not sound like you are doing anything wrong to me. You are using dating for its purpose- to meet people and determine if you are compatible. Whether it is them or you that decides not is irrelevant - so long as it stops before investing years into a non-working relationship. It does not mean they are "playing" you - it means that it does not mutually work. Be glad it comes about sooner rather than later and look to other better options. It sometimes takes a lot of lumps of coal before you find a diamond - and there is nothing worse than pretending a lump of coal IS a diamond just so you do not have to dig any more.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Being in a relationship, one which is satisfying requires the ability to be intimate...are there social issues that might come across when you approach women? These are a situation that one can work on...maybe exploring what you are doing with a therapist would be of benefit...also, please keep posting and let us know how you are doing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.