I can't keep living like this

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by obscure, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obscure

obscure Active Member

I've run out of options. I've tried therapy, psychiatrists, checking into the psychiatric ward at the hospital, doing inpatient and outpatient therapy and support groups and living with depression sessions and that's the good stuff. I've also tried drinking, doing drugs,self harm, getting tattooed, getting pierced and I've attempted 3 times now and I've hit my limit. I've been doing this for over 11 years, how long can someone stay strong and just push through it? How can someone live with this for 11+ years and NEVER GET THE HELP NEEDED????? I'm done asking questions, asking for help and I'm done trying because it never gets better. It doesn't matter what I do. I just, i don't know anymore

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

You really should be commended for battling through all of your intense difficulties over the years. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to not have found a solution to the pain you've been experiencing. And after all that you've been through, and all that you've done, it's perfectly understandable why you'd feel like giving up. But the question I would ask you, is why now? How can you be so sure that it's the right time to go? What if to-morrow you find some help. Begin to become heathy and feel good again? I know, it must seem impossible and hopeless and as though you'd have better luck with the lottery. But if you decide to go, then you'll never know, definitively. Even if you think right now that you will. I'm just trying to offer you some hope, because I know that you've suffered a great deal. But it is hard for me as well, because I haven't found my magic elixir either, but perhaps it is out there some where. We just have to fight against the strong emotions that fog up our judgement and tell us otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.