"I can't kill myself until after..."

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by silent_enigma, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Do you ever do that just to try and help get suicidal thoughts out of your head for a while?

A month ago when I was in a really down cycle, I told myself not 'til after I see the Transformers movie. By the time that rolled around I was feeling better and I had a real good time with my wife watching it. Then the next time I was down I'm like, wait, I haven't played Mario Galaxy yet...

Something to distract one's self.
    drama likes this.
  2. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I try doing the same sometimes. When I am feeling extremely suicidal and feel like doing it that moment or soon enough then something good might happen and distract me from that thought for a moment. Still I am always aware that its just a temporary thing and sooner or later when I am hell bent on death I won't be distracted by anything no more. Maybe it means I don't really wanna die, just that I think about it a lot or something. Its confusing to feel that way...
  3. I can't kill myself until:

1) My apartment lease is up. - I don't want to die in the apartment and have maintenance come find me. Not sure if it'll be news worthy, but I'd rather not take the chance.

2) Until my cats die. - I wouldn't want leave them in a shelter and have them put to sleep or separated. Even though they can't stand each other, I know they love each other. :biggrin:

3) Until I've sold or given away all my possessions and disposed of any thing I wouldn't want anyone to see.

4) Until I've saved enough money to cover my cremation fees. Although as of late I've seriously considered donating my body to science.

5) Until I've done something extremely wild and crazy. Lived on the edge for a minute.

These thoughts aren't really to take my mind off of suicide, they are actually things I'd like to make/see happen before I go. All in all, I'm still here because I'm lazy.
    drama likes this.
  4. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Mario Galaxy for the win. Sorry, had to say it. : )
  5. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Well i'll have to wait for my sister to come back from India, otherwise she would have to leave her holiday early and perhaps not arrive in time for the funeral.
  6. Makatak

Makatak Guest

I can't kill myself until I know that the house will remain empty (cept for myself) for at least an hour or two, preferably at night.
  7. JamJam

JamJam Active Member

I don't wanna die untill i grace Australia with my presence.
    drama likes this.
  8. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Can't say it has helped much but I do do that at times and sometimes it actually diverts me away from suicidal thoughts for awhile.
  9. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

That steaming pile of a movie had the opposite effect on me. It was so bad it made me feel like killing myself before it was even over.
  10. Blackness

Blackness Guest

hmm that seems like a good idea. good advice silent enigma :)
  11. Goose

Goose Member

I live for games. Life sucks.
    drama likes this.
  12. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Well-Known Member

I cant kill myself until ive been to Japan, i've been mystified by it my entire life and im not killing myself until ive at least been there.
  13. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

That's a good way of getting rid of or at least delaying anyone acting out on their suicidal thoughts.
    drama likes this.
  14. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

LOL. It seems to be one that people either love or hate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.