I can't live only for my parents

-L-

It may sound selfish, but I can't live exclusively because I don't hurt my parents.

I really do not enjoy life and the reasons that have led me here are not modifiable.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
you shouldn't live just for your parents. you should try to find reasons to live that make life worth living. even when things are bad we can find things worth living for. try to find things that can bring you joy, any joy no matter how small...mike...*hug

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I really do not enjoy life and the reasons that have led me here are not modifiable.
Even if you can't change what brings you to this point, it doesn't mean you can never be happy again. There are probably many things you've not been noticing which are potentially things you would be grateful for and appreciate and which would make life feel worth living, despite everything

-L-

Sorry that you're going through this L

It's probably a good idea to leave no stone unturned. Are there any treatment methods for insomnia that have been suggested to you that you haven't tried yet?
I have tried everything, medication, sleep routine etc ... and nothing helps me, to the point that my doctor told me that they could not do more for me.

Yesterday I took zolpidem and orfidal to sleep, I don't usually take both, just zolpidem, but still I couldn't sleep.

Taking those two together I slept well, but now I feel very sedated.

Do you think you'd want to try acupuncture or traditional Chinese herbal medicine? I don't know if you've tried those yet.

Soaking your feet in Epsom salts and warm water before bed might help.

A meditation practice or the acupressure self-massage in my signature might help.

SkyTree

I'm in a similar boat. I feel like I'm just living for my family. Hopefully we can both find a will to live for ourselves too.

-L-

Do you think you'd want to try acupuncture or traditional Chinese herbal medicine? I don't know if you've tried those yet.

Soaking your feet in Epsom salts and warm water before bed might help.

A meditation practice or the acupressure self-massage in my signature might help.
Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I honestly don't believe in medicine too much.

I am sleeping a little better with sleep routine and zolpidem, I also avoid any screen half an hour before sleeping.

Sorry for taking so long to respond.
Hey, that's ok :)
I honestly don't believe in medicine too much.
There's some background information about acupuncture and traditional Chinese herbal medicine in this link

https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/broken-and-tired.165248/#post-2060871

Trying something new may be worthwhile. If it works, it's great, if it doesn't, there's no harm trying.

No matter what you decide to do, I hope things can get better soon.

I am sleeping a little better
That's good news! :)

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00