i cant live this anymore

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by emilyroselovesu, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilyroselovesu

emilyroselovesu Well-Known Member

i am sick of feeling sick.
    i have emetephobia which is a fear of vomiting. it takes over my life.

I avoid long plane rides/car rides
    I avoid going out to dinner
    Food=puke
    Constantly check expiration dates on food
    Afraid to take medicines because of side effects, nausea/vomiting
    Afraid of the flu season, I clean everything and afraid to touch things
    I avoid people if they even have a tiny stomach ache
    I avoid kids
    I avoid rides at amusement parks
    I avoid being around people that are drinking alcohol
    I avoid staying over at people’s houses.

i just went to the doctor for stomach problems and they said i have a urinary tract infection so im on antibiotics.

you dont know what its doing to me mentally. you have to take this medicine with food and most of the time i have been forcing myself to eat. its so hard to do. i always feel like im going to puke.

i have been going on walks outside and that makes me feel somewhat better. but for the next week its been in the 40s and rainy and cloudy.

i really hate my life. besides the sickness i have a great life but this phobia has taken over to where i am not even the same person. i cry everyday and all day. people wonder whats wrong and keep telling them but they dont understand at all.

also lately i have been experiencing dissociation. like things around me dont look like they should. they look strange. i feel like myself is outside of my body. and that things arent really happening. like everything is not real.

i should probably stop writing. but i just have so much to say and no one to actually listen to me and know where im coming from.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That sound so awful...is there any way you can begin to feel comfortable with stomach sensations and lead up to your fear? Many ppl with sensory issues have problems with body sensations, because they cannot judge their severity...being full, and fearing vomiting it has so many reasons for occurring, but maybe you can go right to the fear, and begin to be comfortable there...just my thoughts and thanks for sharing, J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you i am sorry you are suffering so greatly Have you talked to your doctor about your fear maybe need some medication to help you you can talk all you want here okay i am listening hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.