I can't make it stop..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by michelleh, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michelleh

michelleh New Member

Hey , I'm new here.
    I've been diagnosed with depression and an array of anxiety disorders for as long as I can remember.
    Lately, from the outside my life seems awesome, but I can't help but just want to end it all!
    I've been living in a different state and married almost two years now. We recently bought a house.
    I also struggle with emetophobia, which makes my anxiety and depression so much worse sometimes :-(
    I can't talk to anyone about this cause I have no friends here, and it makes my husband sad so what do j do?
    I'm looking for friends, some one to talk to, before I gl even more crazy!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi michelleh youi can talk here okay you can make new friends here go to chat release some of that anixety and sadness here hugs to you
  3. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

Well a lot of people on this forum probably know what you are going through, so that's a start, right? Try going into the chat and seeing if there is anyone in there who would be willing to talk. :)

Just don't end things. If what you are going through now makes your husband sad, imagine what taking it a step further will do. :(

People will give you the love and support that you need! :)
  4. MisterBGone

What's emetophobia? Since you've just moved to a new location, it's going to take time to establish new friendships, and such. I'm wondering what, if any activities you can get involved to meet some new people? Do you have any interests that might facilitate this, or to point you in a particular direction? I know it's frustrating but you've got to try to stay patient. I'm sure it's not easy to feel this way what with your husband showing signs of the effects of your illness, but I bet you are taking it harder than he is feeling it. In other words, your guilt is probably far greater than is warranted, given the minimal toll it is taking on him. He may just feel badly that he cannot help you more than he already has! But I think that you've got a lot of good things going for you: a new husband and house. Those are both things that I am light years away from achieving (well, wife, but you get the picture!).:) Keep reaching out and don't shut down, you can do it, I'm routing for you!
  5. michelleh

michelleh New Member

emetophobia is the fear of vomitting. i know its silly, but serious to me. Ive lived here for almost 2 years and really made no friends, i try but its like no one wants to hang out ever, or people my age arent married so they dont wanna hang out with us, or have kids which makes it hard....

i have my lows, yah but im trying.
  6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle! Welcome!

You may want to keep a diary on this website. Many of us do. I find it very helpful to me. Members have a choice of a public or private diary. I find it helps to keep thoughts from going round and round and I can go back and see a bigger picture of how I'm doing.

The best way I know of to make friends is to find groups that do things you are interested in. I like to crochet and I joined a knitting group. The friendships form slowly but they are wonderful to have.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:
  7. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Everyone is right you will find friends here and we all care.Ive lived where i am now for 8yrs find it hard to make friends so your not alone.Youve taken a good step and found this site so use it to your full potential.Your illness is not being silly ppl suffer from all kinds of things so what im going to say WELCOME TO SF hope you find it very helpful here and glad your trying thats great.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.