I can't pull myself out.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Vrojo, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Vrojo

Vrojo Member

I just don't even know where to start.
    First off, my name is Vanessa (hello everyone!). And aside from other minor problems, my biggest is my finances. I never thought I would ever consider just ending it all. I feel stuck. I don't know how I can fix it. Or to even go to fix this. Recently homeless, credit score of 41 and making minimum wage part time (desperately trying to find another job). I'm just so stressed with no one to talk to. I'm afraid I'll never get past this. I just need help stopping this suicide ideation. I know it's not the end of the world but it's hard to truly believe it.
    Thank you to anyone who reads and responds. Any words of hope are extremely helpful.
  2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Money problems are very annoying, I also been poor for most of my adult life but it can get better and I'm sure it will for you too. Keep working hard to find another job and you will manage it.

If you think a lot about suicide you could get help from a therapist. Maybe you suffer from depression.

good luck!!
    Vrojo likes this.
  3. Vrojo

Vrojo Member

Thank you for your response. I think I may need one too.
  4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello Vanessa, I'm so sorry you're in this situation and it does seem overwhelming, especially being homeless. Do you have any family or friends that could help you until you're back on your feet? No one should have to be homeless in the west in this day and age, it's totally uneccessary. I think that suicidal thoughts would be common for anyone facing this challenge, or did you have them before this? If they do become overwhelming please seek help there are hotlines and any hospital ER will assist you. I'm sorry I'm not that much help Vanessa, I do hope you can find extra work and a place to live. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you. Please be safe.
  5. Vrojo

Vrojo Member

Thank you, Brian. Any kind words are always helpful!
    Brian777 likes this.
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Financial problems are always stressful and yours seem very big - but there is in fact a way out of them. The big thing to remember is you cannot fix all of them in one day- or even one year. But you can do what you are already doing and try to find additional job, it will pay off eventually. And you can try to sort out the living situation to make the rest a lot easier- it is hard and i wish I knew where to direct you in Canada for help with that- perhaps others do. So far as credit collectors and credit scores- do not lose sleep over the past - can't change it now- stick to how to cover daily living costs for now - the credit score doesn't matter in the least until you have income to buy cars and houses you do not need loans so it is irrelevant - and a number that serves no purpose but to make you feel bad so ignore it as it has no value to you. When you get living situation and income fixed then worry about the past -but for today just work on whichever you can however you can. I am sure there are either public programs or charities that may be able to assist you and if you want helping searching for those then feel free to message me.
    Vrojo likes this.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum, I am so sorry you are struggling but please know we are here for you to help you get through this difficult time. I know money is tight but do you have insurance?? Can you see a therapist? Pleasse keep talking to us here as they say...a problem shared is a problem halved and keep hope alive my friend! ((hugs))
    Vrojo likes this.
  8. Vrojo

Vrojo Member

Thank you so much! It means a lot.