I Can't Stand Celebrities Anymore

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

It seems like every time I turn around, there is another media outlet praising some celebrity for trivial things like how beautiful they are, how rich they are are how damn nice their houses are. I am sick of people like Hollywood types, who are all rich, selfish, spoiled, uncaring, unfeeling, worthless, evil people who don't care whether any real people live or die. I'd like to know how many of them give a damn about the nearly 350 brave, heroic firefighters who died on 9/11/? Do you think any of them respect our military men or women and first responders. What the hell do any of them care about the single mom trying to put her two kids through college. It is these types of people our media should focus on. Not people who have too much, have been given too much and don't give a rat's ass about anything other than their dresses, bank accounts and how good they look at award shows. Society needs and has to get a lot better very fast.

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Many celebrities are famous only because of the media hype.
    Many celebrities, like many people in many different occupation, suck.

Then again...
    Many celebrities donate time and money, participate in programs for our military such as the USO.
    Many music celebrities take part in fund raising events such as Farm Aid (and many other causes).
    Many celebrities took part in the various fund raising events that helped raise money for 9-11 victims.

Many actors give people hope by entertaining us with good movies.

Celebrities do a job just as other people do. Celebrities can be good people, or bad people, just as any other section of the population/occupations.

Is it not possible that it is actually the media that is at fault in flaunting them in the public eye? Do we trust the media enough to even know if the stories they report are accurate, or sensationalized?

What about the general public? It is the public that seeks to see and hear about celebrities, and that is what motivates the media to report it (ratings mean money).

3. mooch74

It seems like all you want to do is be an apologist for celebs. All I want to do is remember the 343 brave firefighters and several police officers and emts who lost their lives on 9/11. Most celebs are bad people who are too rich, spoiled, selfish and uncaring to hold a candle to those brave people I already mentioned. Oh, by the way, many celebs pretend to care by doing things so it might earn them more praise with the media and an extra few million per paycheck.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Let us remember those brave people.
    Let us also remember that celebrities did not cause 9-11.

Let us continue to support our troops and to seek for peace on this planet.

5. mooch74

I didn't say they caused 9/11. I'm just saying I think they are worthless people. Amen to your other comments.