I cant stand happy people. What about u?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TwilightKid, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

I just wanna say i cant be around happy-go-lucky people, i just cant stand that. I am feeling like a total loser, someone who is not worth living on this planet, someone who shouldnt be alive any longer. Even when i meet happy people online i ran away from them. I can only talk to someone who knows what its like to be close to suicide, to feel derpessed, sad and like ur life is worthless, just like i know all those things so well. I am not really jealous, well okay maybe just a little, but it being around happy people (which i am not anymore) always made me think just how miserable my own life is, and sometimes i just think to myself "why, why them and not me?", but then i just think its no point in thinking about that coz no one knows the answer. If there is any at all...

When i am trying to read about some celebrities, i start feeling sooooo bad. I mean, why some people have it all - fame, money, career, beauty, millions of fans, friends, love life??? And others cant have anything at all??? Why is this??? Sure no one will answer this, but sometimes i like asking in vain. Like everything i do it seems to be in vain too... I really like this american actor/singer Jared Leto, but sometimes i just cant stand reading about him or looking at him anymore. I mean he is just too beautiful and too happy, compared to people like him i am no one and nothing at all. It makes me hate myself so much, well i hate myself all the time, but that triggers my hate for myself even more.

Anyone else feels the same?...........................

2. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

I wish I can meet some happy people. Might rub off on me...

3. I agree with you, though celebrities get depressed too. As to how they get depressed, I'm not sure. They do seem to have some fancy places to relax at when they get depressed. Surely, I wouldn't be depressed if I could afford to live like them.

4. Style

Style Well-Known Member

if only real people could experience what celebs go through, it's far worse than you can imagine, i speak from self experience from when i was romantically connected to a celeb back in 2005, you'll have thousands of people you don't know talking about you and even trying to contact you. nothing in your life stays private, you have no one to talk to, you can't tell your friends about anything, they might sell it to some tabloid in return for a paycheck, i've never felt so emotionally drained than when i had to face scrutiny on a very public level, so it's very easy for them to get depressed.

also money brings a whole new set of problems, one that those who don't have money have never experienced or even thought about. having been on both sides, the problems when i didn't have money were far more simpler than the problems i've had after earning a little from my career.

as for happy people, i don't mind them, but then again, i present myself as one of them to cover my inner depression and disorders.

5. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

At least celebrities have a career, money and lots of fans. I really dont think its better to live your life with no friends and no love AND without money, carrer and fame. I agree that celebrities lose all their privacy but they gain something in return, dont they?
    And i - i dont have any of all those things, so i would prefer to be famous, rich AND depressed than being unknown, poor, AND depressed as well. At least i would have more ways to get out of my depression if i was rich and famous.

6. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

The grass will always seem greener on the other side.

I'm getting that many celebrities are very unhappy inside, I don't think all their money and fame can offset their lack of privacy always being invaded, always being stalked, always having eyes on them, never being left alone. I'm sure many of them would love right now to trade their lives to be us, just be normal people.

Same goes for lottery winners, many of them become unhappy and get into unhappy endings, they may be more at risk of being robbed, their relatives and friends now will only like them for their money, always asking them for money, never being left alone and never treated normally again, most of the time, they will regret they ever won that lottery.

I will say I many times wish I could be rich and famous but then again, its not all that perfect either. It all sounds good in the beginning but when you wait it out and see the ugly side that emerges, you'll see its not so perfect and glamorous. All you can do right now is make the best of what you have. I feel that us middle class people have it the best, not so poor that we don't have to worry about just surviving, finding food and shelter and not being so rich and famous that it ruins and corrupts us from the inside, just my take.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  7. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

What makes me more depressed is successful people. I try and try and work my ass off and can't break even, much less get ahead. So when I see people who are doing just great I am filled with a horrible envy.

8. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Indeed

Yes I know what it is like. But like I said in an email, some are better at masking the pain. Then again some mask the pain and lie to themselves and force themselves to feel loneliness. It is hard to know when a person is sincere or not. But sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith.

I know it is MUCH easier to talk to people who really understand what it is like to want to die. But you cannot let that quality detour you from good people. A lot of my online friends have no idea what it is to be suicidal. But they are good people. So at minimum they give me an ear and advice on the way they see the world.

I hope this helped a little.

9. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

My dad's brothers are jealous of him (he's the oldest) because of all the success he's made. While his brothers are still living in poverty in India having little education, one of them living in the village all of them were born in, my dad overcame so many obstatcles like the death of his father at age 12 and managed to go to an excellent college in India and come to the U.S, and he was born so poor in a village with little prospects and hope. His mother is so proud of him and so am I.

But on the flipside, my uncle's sons are far better off than I am, they are studying very hard to get into college and working hard whereas I am just thinking about suicide and being depressed, so they must be better fathers than my father. I dunno.

10. Matty321

Matty321 Well-Known Member

Absolutely right, with much room to elaborate, you can look every where around them for pressures--look at celebs like Britney. If you're up on current celeb-news. She just allegedly tried to commit suicide twice after spontaneously shaving her head. They say she may be bipolar?

~Matty

11. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

Yea, I can’t stand happy, healthy, successful people either. I am not happy, healthy, or successful; and I probably never will be. It hurts my heart and soul to hear about all the things I would like to have but never will. I suffer from incurable chronic pain and severe social anxiety disorder, so I will never have a normal life.:sad:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  12. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I feel the EXACT same way. :sad:

13. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

I used to think there was two types of happy people, those who were given a good chance at life and the rest of them were all manic-depressives on the forced mend, just waiting to crack.

14. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

You used to think that, what do you think now then?

15. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

:biggrin:

Honestly?

Probably the same thing, but I recognise now that my way of thinking isn't healthy and if I don't comit myself to making some kind of progress with my attitudes I'm going to possible exclude myself form achieving the things I want out of life.

16. Hereforyou

Hereforyou Active Member

So...

You're saying you can't stand me. I used to be in your shoes. It's no way to think. I'm one of the happiest and luckiest guys on earth this past year. Does it mean I'm better than you, no. We are equals.... leave it that way. I'm here on this forum helping people with my own time and you say that you hate people like me. Kinda upsetting to see that, but you're just one person out of many here that does and can appreciate my help. Please don't make a derrogatory statement like this, I got offended by it.

Joe~

17. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have nothing against happy people. Would be nice to be one again someday.I don't think fame and fortune necessarily leads to happiness. If you are not comfortable with who you are inside, you can't truly be happy.

18. Mew

Mew Active Member

Happy people - Depends on the type of happiness. One girl I knew at school had that bubbly cheerleaderish happiness and always smiled. Drove me nuts because it always seemed so fake. On the other hand, seeing children and chitchatting with each other or their parents, seeing people who were happy because they were passionate about what they were doing (i.e. profs teaching class), used to make me feel warm and fuzzy. They'd have this inner glow that warmed me (however briefly) and that I knew I'd never have.

Celebrities - Was never into the celebrity thing.

19. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

In in my opinion, its hard to be depressed and not be angry at happy people, sure its not their fault for being happy and why let them be as miserable as you, but miserly enjoys company and you hate being miserable and everyone else around you being so happy.

20. systamatics

systamatics Active Member

well , everyone around me is happy , i FKN hate happy people !!!! so am isolated miserble fkd up ,havent gone out in 4 months , and in this vac. am not goin out 2 , noone to go out with :(
    LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.