I can't stand losing in anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cytrix

Not in a game, not in a challenge, not in a bet and not even in a site where I'm playing with virtual currency. I just can't stand to lose and it isn't because I'm sore about it. It's because, I'm reminded of all of the failures and shortcomings in my life. How it always reminds me through a simple meaningless loss, that is what and how I'm always going to end up being.

I've often thought how much fun it would've been for me, if I could at least enjoy what I do if I can get into it. But the moment I start losing or knowing I'm going to lose, I just want no part of it or don't want to see it. I've even tried to remedy the issue by thinking losing is just a part of things and it's like being nominated for an award. You got recognized for your efforts, at least.

That didn't last long, because when more shit goes wrong in my life, the more I don't want to put up with losing. I'm broke, I'm having a hard time finding a job, my relationship is slow and slacking. So much outside is affecting me that I can't even try to enjoy anything because I cannot handle the chances of losing. I often even expect a rain of taunts and jeers for losing too, which I've had my fair share and also contributed to why I can't stand losing.

It doesn't help when you've experienced actual loss, as well.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Those stuff seem to trigger your feelings what about avoiding those stuff and see if you feel any better in few days. How often do you do this stuff btw?

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
The thing is, given "odds", we're all winning & losing at these things. Being mad about the game or competition is pointless but at least you recognize it's tied to a deeper feeling.
I too wonder if you'd feel better if you avoided things as much as possible.

Cytrix

The thing is, given "odds", we're all winning & losing at these things. Being mad about the game or competition is pointless but at least you recognize it's tied to a deeper feeling.
I too wonder if you'd feel better if you avoided things as much as possible.
If I avoided things, then I'd feel like I'm doing nothing with myself. Doing nothing at all wastes time and I'm very specific when it comes to time.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Find something not competitive to do with your time. Something that doesn't piss you off...?

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
What about video games? A single player mode so you can try again to keep ypur mind occupied? Or building tasks like Sim city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00