I can't stand people at times

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by 18 and in trouble, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 18 and in trouble

18 and in trouble Well-Known Member

I am a person with a classic hedgehog's dilemma. As much as I enjoy being around people I simply can't stand them at times. Yesterday my father was dumping his urine bottles (my dad's kidney's are failing so he has very poor bladder control and can't hold in his urine anymore) and I was on the computer near the bathroom where he was dumping them so I asked him to wait because I couldn't stand the odor. A simple request but he totally ignored me and did it anyway with no regard for how I felt. Today he asked me the same question regarding cake twice after I told him the first time I didn't want any. I came down earlier and simply asked him to move because he was at the computer and I wanted to go on so he slams the chair in and storms off. To make matters so much better maternal grandmother is constantly throwing fits over nothing. She always plays the pity card, buts in to our conversations and throws a fit at the tiniest things. She asked if I wanted to play cards and when I said no thanks she began saying I how much I hated her. Then people online keep throwing their two sense around: first some random guy buts into my conversation with somebody else then later someone called me a liar. This is why I'm a shut-in because I HATE PEOPLE!

2. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, sometimes it can be really frustrating when you want people in your life but at the same time dont. I find most people very annoying and find faults with them so easily but then at the same time wish for lots of close relationships, even with the people i dont like. as for the people online, just ignore them, i think online people can be like road rage but like internet rage - its faceless so people find it easier to be rude.

3. 18 and in trouble

People on the internet have been better to me than many people in reality.

4. paul1990

paul1990 Active Member

I guess I have the same problem. Whenever I think I don´t need other people I start to feel sorry for myself I don´t have any friends etc. Like I can´t put myself either into the state of full satisfaction of not having to contact with people, or into the state of the ability to make the social contacts and keep the relations. And I don´t even know if it´s the hatred on people, or fear of them. But I too definitely remember much better times spent with people on the internet than in the real life.

5. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Too much time on the Internet can make you less patient in dealing with people in the real world... it could explain why you 'hate people'.

Also, you're not interacting with real people here... you're interacting with words, and a mental picture of what you imagine those people are like.

6. 18 and in trouble

I've been burned enough in by real people I've had enough of them. I know it's probably not the healthiest thing but I'm fine this way.

7. 18 and in trouble

My whole life people have been hurting me despite me being nice and helpful which is why I hate people. But, online people are actually nicer to me. I know it's probably not the best thing but I'm happy with my life as it is now.