i can't stay asleep!!

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by bella muerte, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bella muerte

bella muerte Well-Known Member

i have insomnia, and i take sleeping pills, they never get a chance to work, because i keep having nightmares continously, and sleeping pills can't stop nightmares can they? :dry:
    i just want to sleep but ugggh!
    :cry:
    i haven't really discussed the nightmares properly, i can't reminding myself of what are in them, it's too graphic :huh:

sorry just needed to get that out

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

aww hun maybe i can help you out. I dont think sleeping pills are suppose to get rid of nightmares but i have heard it you take to much they can make u have nightmares but i dont know if that true or not. Anyways if u wanna talk more about ur nightmares u can always fine me on msn or pm me here and i do my best to help :hug:

3. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

This may sound like a stupid question, but Ive never looked into it ... can you get sleeping pills over the table? Because I could really use some - without my family knowing.

4. bella muerte

danni, thanks for replying ... well i do tend to think taking more would make me sleep :huh:

feared.desire ... yes i think you can... but if your in the US i don't know.
    i first used "Kalm" tablets that your can get in most pharmacys, they are supposed to help when your anxious or nervous, but are mostly used to calm you down at night when you go to bed.

5. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

You might want to try Melatonin. Your brain makes it naturally at night when you go to sleep. If your brain doesn't make enough, you can have sleep problems. Seems to work for me. Almost as well as my Rx sleeping pills. You can find it in any drugstore in the isle with the vitamins and supplements.

There's a good forum for insomnia. http://www.sleepnet.com/wwwboard/forum9.html
    You don't have to register to read posts. Hope this helps.

6. bella muerte

^i'll try Melatonin thanks.

7. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Aww I'm sorry...

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Actually, some sleeping pills and cause nightmares and strange dreams. It depends on what kind of sleeping pills you're taking. What are they? If they're Unisom or anything with the same active ingredient, they can definitely cause crazy dreams. I had the strangest dreams with Unisom and Benadryl (which has the same active ingredient, I believe).

To fall asleep naturally, reading a lot will make you sleepy. Or at least, it does me. I sleep like a baby if I sit in front of the computer for hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.