I cant stop

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by TWLOHA16, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWLOHA16

TWLOHA16 Member

I have self harmed now for quite a while, and I can't stop. I try to i really do, but I always seem to go right back to where I started. Nobody seems to care, my parents turn their heads and my friends who found out just yell at me. Some try to understand but they don't help. I don't know what to do anymore I fake that I am happy all the time. I fake that I am ok all the time. I am so tired of pretending, and the only thing that gives me back control gives me back feeling is self harm. Will this ever stop? Will life ever get better??
  2. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

the idea is to break your cycle of self harm, self harm is a bad habit to pick up, like any habit they are learned, they say it takes 21 days to break a habit, I find even when habit is broken there will always be that desire to do it again, it takes strength not indulge in our bad habits, some don't learn until way later in life. it's hard to kick a bad habit. good luck.
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Tell yourself when the idea tempts you to do it again "Doing that is not the answer. It is a lie that this will give me back control. I do not need to be harmed in this way by my feelings." sometimes, TW we have to just tell ourself what the OBJECTIVE truth is about a situation, and not let our feelings lie to us.

Understanding this will automatically put you back in control of your actions TW. You know it makes sense to not harm yourself. You can learn control in constructive and productive ways, hun. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.