I cant take it anymore

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by underthestars, Aug 30, 2008.

1. underthestars

underthestars Active Member

One of these days im going to leave this town and never come back....

I am so sick and tired of my parents controlling my life.Nothing i ever do is good enough for them. Im not mature enough,Im not spending my money the right way,im not doing enough around the house...Im so sick and tired of it. Im going to the local community college in the fall and it absolutely positively kills them that im not going to a four year school. Any chance they get they throw it back in my face and use it against me. "oh we should be dropping you off at college but you goofed off for four years and did nothing" I got out of work 2 hrs early last night so i could get together with the crew before my best friend leaves for college tmrw and they absolutley flipped. "oh thats not a mature descison,its not like your working everyday,what are you going to do when you have to get a real job and go to work,you need all the money you can get." Ive never gotten out of work early,ive never asked to go home,ive gone in when im sick but that doesnt even matter.

Im so tired of being controlled and be made to feel like crap because im not going to a four year school. They want everything i do to be there way even if it means sacraficing my own happiness. My bf and best friend are still in highschool and they want me to ditch them just because "im in college and should be moving on"

I want to move out but i dont know how...my car is registered in there name...they control my bank account...and then know it to:(

thanks to anybody who actually read this...i just dont know what to do

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun I'm a parent with 4 kids. I'm in no way sticking up for your parents but we can sometimes only be wanting what is best for you without realizing we are doing the exact opposite. Every parent wants their children to have and be better than they were. To have as many opportunities to have a better life than ours. So we push. We were pushed by our parents and in turn we push our kids. Not necessarily a bad thing but none the less a vicious circle. It just means that we actually care about you and what is going to happen to your future. I know my oldest (he's 17) is going through some of the same issues. And yes we get head to head too often these days. But if I didnt love him, I wouldnt care enough to try and show him the paths he needs to take for a secure future. He has started to change a few things and has shown me that he is responsible and mature and that means a lot to me as a parent. So in turn I've backed off on some things. Could I suggest the same thing for you? Prove to your parents that you only want what is best for you too. Sit down and have a real discussion about the ways and methods that they are using and how they make you feel. Until you do, they may not realize that they are making life so uncomfortable for you. Afterall, we are only parents (lol). And just think, someday you may be doing the same thing! Good luck hun!