I can't take it anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mark0917, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark0917

mark0917 New Member

I can't deal with all the regret and sorrow I feel. I ruined a good thing and set my life back so much that I don;t want to deal with life anymore. My confidence is gone all I feel is regret and lonliness and I feel that the only way out of my misery is to end it. I don't want to die I really don't but day in day out my mind is full of coulda woulda shoulda and I live in the past and feel nothing but negative towards myself. I'm 28 and feel lost and like my life has no direction. I once had it all a great woman a place of our own and I ruined it all and I hate myslef for it. I just want to move on with mylife but I can;t rid myself with the burdens of yesteryear. any advice i would appreciate. They say time heals but for me it seems as it gets worse every day.
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi, I am sorry you are in this place and know how painful it is as I used to really beat myself up over past mistakes and all my shouldas, wouldas couldas as you are now.

So you ask for advice and all I can give is what worked for me. My approach was two-fold- forgive myself and "redo" it.

Forgiving myself: I was only able to be "okay" with what I had done and/or not done by realizing that at the time I did the very best that I could. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and it is easy to look back and see how things could have been differently but in that moment I had done my best based upon my maturity and what I knew. Also I tried to view myself objectively and ask myself how would I console someone that had regrets about the past and what I would say to them I tried to say to myself.

"Redo" it: When a situation similar to one I had regrets about presented itself I was determined to do it "right". I changed what were once wouldas, shouldas, couldas into dids and dones! I made sure that I took the shame and guilt about the past and transformed it into motivation to do better.

Well that is how I came to live with my past mistakes and I hope it helps you in some way.

Best of luck to you and please be gentle with yourself...you were after all doing the best you could at the time - Love Bambi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.