I can't take it much longer

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by givenuponlife, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. givenuponlife

givenuponlife Well-Known Member

If nothing is done at the doctors tormorrow i don't know what is going to happen, i am to the point that i need someone to be in my house 24/7 so i don't do anything stupid to myself, even though i still manage to SH myself that is bout the extent that i have been able to get away with. I have already had everything sharp taken out of my house cause i am so bad at the SH issue right now. But i am to the crisis point that if i didn't have someone here watching over me i wouldn't be writing this last post.

My damn thoughts and urges are so bad right now i can't deal with them i just want them gone......for good.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What's causing the urges to be so strong? :hug: Here if you want to talk.

3. givenuponlife

givenuponlife Well-Known Member

i wish i knew, the meds that they have me on can take up to a month to kick in fully and i dont think that they have yet and i have only been on them for 2 weeks now. But they did warn me and my friend that anti depressants can cause worsening thought and urges of suicide.

I hate having these thoughts and urges, cause of them getting so strong i am afraid that i might end up doing something else that i cant control, so far what i have done i have been able to control. I almost went through with one of my urges about a week ago and that wouldnt of been good. I cant say what it is in here cuase it will be taken out of the post.

i just want to be normal again, i am to the point of almost giving up completly. Seeing i am getting no help from really any medical professional, i am hoping this one that i am being refered to will help me with the SH/SI issues and all the other shit going thru my head.

4. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Have patience, give the meds time to work you've only been on them two weeks, just think once they start working, the urges will subside and you'll feel better. Don't let the urges take over now, it's probably just the meds.

Come on here and post to get all your feelings out. Talk to us.

Don't give up yet, give the meds time to help you feel better and wait until you see this therapist. It takes time, so have patience, but you have help now so stick with it and see how it helps.

You have your tools now, make the most of them. Don't let them go to waste.

5. brokendoll83

brokendoll83 Active Member

Im in the same position as you. Ive just been put on more meds and im waiting for them to kick in. It is tough but a case of waiting. I wish there was something i could say to reassure you.

6. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Same here, it's the first time I'm ont them too so I don't know what to expect. Only been on them a week.

Just give them time.

7. brokendoll83

brokendoll83 Active Member

It can also take time to find the right medication so if these pills etc dont work well then dont be too disheartened. They really can make a big difference (positive) to your life, as well as finding great professional support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.