I can't take this anymore.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by A1231988, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A1231988

A1231988 Well-Known Member

My wife just told me she wants me to "Hurry up and kill yourself" One of the few people in my life that I trust with knowledge of my issues with wanting to kill myself and she uses against me in arguments to hurt me. This is unbearable, I have nobody.

2. A1231988

It wasn't even brought up. She was just pissed off at me and said that for no reason. I can't believe this.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Don't listen to her....that is very wrong and an awful thing to say. I know she is your wife, but maybe it's best to spend some time away from her if she treats you that way.

4. A1231988

This is the first time she has ever directly told me I should kill myself, but she has used it to hurt me by making fun of me numerous times. I can't believe she would do this to me.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's hard sometimes to learn that the people you think are closest to you, aren't at all. My friends and family make a joke out of my depression and suicidal thoughts too. I wish that people weren't like that, but you deserve to only have people around you who truly care.

6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I've been there, it's.. yeah. Idk. Oh dear I really have forgotten how horrible that is :( .. I really am sorry she said that. Obviously don't listen to her, she's chatting crap and just trying to provoke you or defend herself in some fashion.
    Sometimes couples throw things that they know are sensitive in arguments because they don't know how to express how they feel, and using situations like this for example, is way for them to throw you off your feet. Or at the very least push you back or get a rise out of you. She doesn't mean it, at the worst she just wants you to leave her alone. Regardless, that's unacceptable to do that. But.. yeah. :( Sorry this happened to you, but it's just cover for crap. She doesn't mean that trust me. But yeah she's defiantly got something to say... maybe when things are more chilled out you can have a conversation with her about it. Objectively to begin with.. idk. Look after yourself mate.

7. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

I agree with Sblake. Obviously your issues are affecting her and she doesn't like it and wants you to know about it and to know what she is thinking/feeling but she clearly does not dare or perhaps have the courage to say it properly, therefore she is expressing herself in all the wrong ways.... fuelled by anger, resentment and frustration no doubt. We all do and say things like this in the 'heat of the moment' when we feel this way but it does not in any shape or form make what she said to you right or fair. I'm sorry she has reacted this way, it is insensitive...but forget about it, don't dwell on it or it will set off a chain of negative thinking that you don't want.

Try to have a chat with her when the moment is right, like SBlake said.

You have people here, even if we are only cyber people we are still real human beings behind the words. :)

8. A1231988

I think her and I are done. I can't be with somebody that says the horrible things she says to me just because she is mad. The worst part is she has been in my situation, and understand what it feels like to be suicidal. Knowing what it is like, I would never in a million years tell somebody with those kinds of problems that they should kill themselves. I refuse to deal with that kind of abuse.

9. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

Wow, it's even more shocking that she has experienced the same feelings but used them against you...I can't believe that she does not realise how hurtful and inappropriate that is. Or maybe she does but does not care. I think if you feel that way and are serious then you would probably fare better without her and hearing such negative hurtful abuse like you say. You do not need that, you need support and positive reinforcement and you deserve it too. You say you wouldn't do that to someone else...me neither...and that is what makes us different, and makes us good people. That is also another reason why you deserve to be able to live in a better environment without this kind of hurt.

I will say though to be 100% sure before you act. Be sure you don't want to talk it out first and see if that changes anything. Otherwise I think it could be a positive move for you.

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I'm really sorry to hear she could say such heartless things like that to someone she loves. Stuff like that really makes me sick. I'm sorry you had to be on the receiving end of that. :hug: If you ever need someone to talk to you can PM me anytime. xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.