I can't talk to my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ms. Nobody, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Ms. Nobody

Ms. Nobody Member

I don't have anyone to talk to about my depression. I wish I could talk to my boyfriend but I have tried and he either gets upset or ignores me as if I'm just being dramatic. It hurts to keep it all inside but maybe it is better this way. He doesn't understand and I don't want to bother him.

I feel so alone.

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I understand how that can be. Some people just don't understand depression or they're scared of it. Some people just have not experienced it - so they don't get how it can be 'so bad' and act as though the depressed person is just acting 'emo' and can just snap out of it at any time.

If you need someone to talk to-- you have us. This forum is a safe place for you to get things off your chest and to help you figure out how to fix yourself.

If you are in school, you can speak with a school councilor as well.
    I found that helped me a bit when I was in highschool and college-- just to know that there was somewhere in the building I could go if I needed to talk.

3. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. Pretty much every guy I've ever dated would never listen. They would suggest breaking up with me if I tried to and that would only make me more upset. You have this forum though. This place has helped me a lot. Also, if you was to ever want to, you could message me. I'm not so good at helping people, but I try. :)