I can't understand it, I feel crazy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by feeling_hopeless, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feeling_hopeless

feeling_hopeless New Member

I love helping people and making them feel better about their problems but recently I've become so overwhelmed with feelings of failure, hopelessness and the necessity to just remove myself from the situation. The two friends I told have just said to focus on me and to stop trying to help everyone else but I can't do that because it's selfish and I'm not worth it. What should I do? I just want to stop feeling crazy and like the only person who can't handle life like everyone else. Should I just do it? It seems rational.

2. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

One of the underlying problems for me over the years has been putting so much of my efforts into helping others but never seeming to be able to help myself. I would have the same thoughts as you, as well. I never could willingly make those choices because I thought it was selfish and I didn't think I was worth helping. I know you may not think your friends understand, but take it from someone who has thought the exact same as you and still to this day struggles with those thoughts - It's OK to be selfish! As a matter of fact, I would highly recommend it. One of the things that has helped turn my life around has been to become more selfish in my decision making. Now, obviously I don't mean become a total jerk towards other people, but start making more decision that YOU want to do and that you know will make YOU happy. If other people don't understand then you don't need them. You have a right to your own happiness in this life and you should take the steps and make the decision to improve your life and your happiness. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially your own mind. Hang in there! If you need to talk feel free to PM me.

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I feel crazy too an yeah overwhelmed with the same feelings as you are having, I have shut myself off from others, I have only talked to two other people and one, well, I won't go into what they said but the other hasn't even responded to me so. , I'm not sure by what you mean should you just do it.... btw I am new here too and I have helped loads of people but have been taking care of animals too, that's what my big thing in life was and it seems I have failed in that as well.... I'm not sure what is rational anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.