I can't

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by scaredy cat, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaredy cat

scaredy cat Guest

I'm scared. I've tried so hard. Still I'm in a mess.

I can't do this alone but there seems to be no choice. I'm not even sure I can do this with someone, but it would be a damn sight more possible.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Can you tell us more? Perhaps we'll have a suggestion or two that may be helpful. :hug:
  3. scaredy cat

scaredy cat Guest

I am just in severe crisis and asked to be admitted to hospital, asked a few people, but no, am on the edge. had to be retrieved from a bridge today by the police who also cam eround and spoke ot my family.

im having a nightmare and i want to be safe, i want someone to help me stay safe but no one fucking cares and no one wants to help.

they know im better off dead, i dont know why i am still trying to live.
  4. Chargette

Do you have a therapist or doctor? Do you have medication? Have you been able to truly talk to someone about this?

Keep talking to us, it will help to get it out. :hug:
  5. scaredy cat

scaredy cat Guest

no, no professional help other than a GP, no meds (can't find any I can tolerate). There are no options for me. I haven't talked about this crisis but it was brought on by my previous therapist messing with me back in mid august. I've just been spiralling dsown since.
  6. Chargette

I've learned that I can shop around for a therapist. I would keep going back for help. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. What meds have you tried?
  7. scaredy cat

scaredy cat Guest

i have been bakc time and time again. thats the point. i keep going baclk and still they dont hear. today could have been prevented if they had heard 'im not safe, please help me keep safe and admit me to hospital'

they admit there is little they can do (my GP that is), and the CMHT wont take me on-too complex to help, so im a bit limited when no one knows what to dow ith me.
  8. Chargette

Are you in the United States? If so, which state? I'm in California and it's the pits how mental health care has been cut back.
  9. scaredy cat

scaredy cat Guest

No, UK.

its a post code lottery here and i got the raw end of the deal because no one will take on anyone with my diagnoses.
  10. Chargette

I feel helpless when I don't know how another country's system works. Perhaps, another member here can help you with that.

What is your diagnosis? Do you got to school?
  11. scaredy cat

scaredy cat Guest

I don't need help with the system, but thanks. I've been in it long enough and bounced about and got no where (nearly 5 years), so don't worry about that :)

The diagnosis no one will touch in my area is 'emotionally unstable personality disorder'. its the bane of my fucking life
  12. Chargette

What if you approached them with "I'm depressed." I have more than one diagnosis and sometimes it's a matter of using the diagnosis that will get treatment.

I used to lead a neighborhood depression support group. We let everyone in because we know that help is for certain diagnosis because that is what the agency is funded for and they are not allowed to do anything else.

When I go to an agency I ask what it is that they can do, then I ask for referral elsewhere for the things they can't do. It drives me bonkers, but it's the only way I can at least get some help.

Are there any depression support groups in your area?
  13. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you call crisis and say you are going to kill yourself let them know it will happen they have to admit you to hospital and give you care Tell them outright if you are going to end your life and how they will have to hospitalize you.
  14. scaredy cat

scaredy cat Guest

Someone better tell them that. They've never done that before.

I'm just meant to deal with this by myself, which is fine. People only interfere when they are not wanted or needed, not when I need them and beg.

It will all be fine. Whatever happens it will be fine.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted this thread in the first place. I shouldn't ever talk about anything going on for me. I'm not going to respond again, but thank you to those who replied.
  15. Chargette

You are always welcome to post. Perhaps this is the starting point for you right now till something more comes along. Please stay. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.