I cut my wrist and I can't go to the hospital

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by seithkein, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

Today, I wasn't feeling good so I have cut one of my wrist and I have lost quite some blood but I just wanna take care of my hand at home because if I go to the hospital, they'll ask me what happened and they'll know that I tried to kill myself and they'll admit me to the psych ward and I don't want that. What are some things I can do to stop the bleeding, I have put some cotton on but the wound is a little big and blood is still coming.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i know you don't want to hear this but it would be best if you went to the hospital or to your doctor to get it checked out. if you say you won't try again then they won't necessarily keep you. it's kind of a risk you have to be willing to take. the cut sounds serious and you don't want to get an infection or lose too much blood. please have someone look at it?

3. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Well depending on how deep you cut.

Standard cuts and blood draws, benefit from elevating the arm and using pressure.

How many hours has it been since cutting it?

4. BaZz

BaZz Member

It really depends on the cut, you can always lie and say you fell (lol). Seriously you should go to the doctor though deny to the doctor they wont ask questions as long as they get paid. Just be more careful a slit wrist to me was always the stupidest thing to ever think about in a suicidal situation, just smack yourself really hard it will hurt with no regret later unless you black and blue yourself which will go away faster then any wound.

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Go to the hospital. If they give you too much grief, tell them if you wanted to die, you wouldn't have gone to the hospital to have it fixed. Tell them you were just feeling down and regretted it as soon as you did it.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Go to the hospital!! It sounds like you cut pretty deep. Can you move your hand around and move all you fingers? If the answer is no you can't move something then you definetly need to go to the hospital because you cut tendon also.

7. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

If its not deep enough, it should be stopped till now, if it isnt, you'll have to go to the hospital. I dont think you'll die, but it can get infected or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.