i cut myself to keep from shooting myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ScreamingMonsters, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you may already know this but when I cut it doesn't hurt it numbs the pain I feel inside

2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

hi. i will be here tonight if you want to talk, please pm me

3. toonkate

toonkate Guest

i think alot of self harmers feel that way when they cut too, i know i often do, though the relief i feel is often short lived

hope you are ok
    xxx
    kate

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

So many times we do this to try and take away the pain. But the reality is that it only adds to it. It just takes a different form and the original pain is still there. Relief may be gained for a few short minutes, but is it really worth it? I have no answers and it doesn't seem to stop.

5. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

I had a similar situation just last week. I wanted to die so bad. Since I'm changing prescriptions often, I have a variety of pills I could have took. Instead I chose cutting. Damn did it feel good! However, later that evening, I layed down and cried for what I done. I was so ashamed.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this all about me. Just know that I understand how you feel. :smile:

6. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

Why do we cut? Is it for the numb, or for the pain?

I cut for the pain. When the emotions are too large to deal with I turn to cutting, and the physical pain distracts.

You cut for the numb? Do you mean a physical, or mental numb? Or both?

7. both of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.