i cut so bad

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LenaLunacy, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

the last 3 days iv bin repeatedly cutting myself, in the mornin, in the evenin, on the same wrist, over the old wounds, and this morning, wehn i cut again, iv made a really deep gash and everytime i move my wrist too much it opens up and starts bleedin. im relly worried, i dont know what to do about it. any advice would be greatly appreciated, n im scared il do it again, cos its like im not in control and just keep doin it, i cant seem to stop :S

2. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Oh dear hun!
    You should clean it for a start - if you havent already..
    erm.. you should probably consider letting a doctor see it..?
    Sorry I don't really know what else.

Take care,
    If you feel like doing it again, distract yourself. go and do something else for a little while :hug:

Ally _%

3. LeaveMeAlone

LeaveMeAlone Well-Known Member

well what you should do is go to the hospital, but whether you'll take such advice or not, i don't know. if you won't then you can try holding it together using steri-strips, or you could superglue it (yeah seriously) and it obviously needs to be disinfected, and covered with a dressing of some sort.

You also need help to help you stop, which is the other reason why hospital would be a good idea.

4. Just_visiting

Just_visiting Well-Known Member

Hi, I am sorry u r feeling so out of control with cutting at the moment. That cut on ur wrist does sound quite bad. I echo what everyone has said in that ideally u should go to the hospital so they can stitch it. If u wont do that then as "leavemealone" said steri strips (which you can buy from any chemist) will help keep it closed. I do not suggest u super glue it tho as it is not a good idea to add foreign chemicals to already damaged skin. Also if there is any dirt or infection in the cut supergluing it shut will keep it in there and a bad infection could develop.
    I hope u r ok
    Take care
    L1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.